Sign in to follow this  
Cynthia B

Shopping Cart and Credit Cards

Hello fellow VA's

I have a client who wants to add a shopping card and accept credit cards on her website for book sales. Expected sales at the start would be minimal, so we are looking to avoid large monthly fees. What shopping carts and credit card processing services would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and expertise!

What email marketing system is she using (because there may be a shopping cart associated with it)?

Direct Pay Solutions usually has a promotion with no set-up fee, and it ends up being about $18 a month in addition to the percentage they take out of each transaction. There's also PayPal with no set-up or monthly fees. They only take out of each transaction (usually a higher fee than a merchant account).

• Like 2

Yes I think PayPal would be a good option and you could use a shopping cart such as WooCommerce. WooCommerce is free and integrates with PayPal, a few other payment processors and also a bunch of email marketing programs.

I have it on my website at http://proactiveva.com/store/if you want to take a look at it. I added it to my site recently so I haven't configured it 100% to how I want. But it gives you an idea of how it looks/works.

That's if your clients site is on WordPress. I always assume everyone uses WordPress now.

Hey Cynthia, I'd recommend you to check out (http://www.creditcardprocessing.com/). With a quick and free online application process, a credit card reader for your mobile phone, Authorize.Net payment gateway set-up, E-Commerce Shopping Cart set-up, and Retail Credit Card Machine Reprogramming, your client can start accepting credit cards for within 24 hours! It has worked out for me, and I had similar needs when I started off my small business. They don't have any contract terms or cancellation fees either.