Hi I am new to this group and new to the VA world. I started my VA business in January of 2015 and am very excited to grow my business and learn new skills. I would appreciate any advice people can give me.

I am planning on working with sole entrepreneurs and small-mid-size businesses. Not sure if I need to have more of a target than I that or not? I am offering bookkeeping, social media, WordPress, Admin & general office tasks.

I am very excited to be here and grow with all of you.

Michele

Hi Michele and welcome to our network! I look forward to getting to know you more through your participation here :)

When I first started out that was my target too as I was willing to work for almost anyone to get those first clients. ;) Overtime I learned by working with different entrepreneurs and offering different skills to each of these companies who I wanted to work for specifically and what was my specialty (internet marketing). So as for your question of whether you need to have a more target market than that or not it is really a personal preference. Maybe for now you are still in the exploration phase of figuring out who you want to work for and there is nothing wrong with that. Trial and error usually answers it for you in the end ;) You may find working with a few clients that you don't like offering social media services afterall and want to focus on bookkeeping or Wordpress for example.

Saying all of that yes it is easier to market to your target if it is very specific. ie) small businesses requiring bookkeeping services.

Why? Because all of your marketing content and sales copy is directed exactly to that audience so you can really highlight what their problems are and what the benefits are to them in hiring you.

Anyhow, we are here by your side and look forward to watching your new business grow :)

vainsiders.jpg

Welcome Michele!

Sounds like you have a great head start! At least you know the direction you are heading. The exploration phase is going to be fun! I keep changing things, as sometimes you don't realize you are good at something until you run across it...and then you say to yourself "I can add that to one of the services I offer,etc."

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Karen D

• Like 1

Hi Michele, welcome to VAnetworking! :D I offer Social Media, WordPress and Email Marketing. I keep trying to narrow it down but anyone that works with me ends up wanting me to handle all of those tasks in their business so it's been hard to.

Providing exceptional online support services to businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010. Visit my website to learn more.

---

Check out our 10 FREE RESOURCES for Virtual Assistants plus DOWNLOAD our Virtual Assistant Start Up Checklist!

Brand New? Check out the Virtual Assistant Career Program.
Veteran VA? Check out the VAinsiders Club (Job Board, Group Coaching plus extensive training resources)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.