Sign in to follow this  
dawnmac63

Introduction from Dawn

Your Name:Dawn Felt
Your Website URL: www.attorneysbestchoice.com
Years in Business: 2007
Description of your Business, including any specialties: I started out in 2007 with a partner. We work in preparing legal documents and specialized in bankruptcy petition. This ship has sailed and I am looking at changing my business model to assisting small-medium law firm build their business. If you have any experience in this department that you can share and help me get started would much appreciated.

On a more personal note:
What City/Town/State/Country are you from?: Mission Viejo, California
Are you married: Yes

How long?: 11 years Valentines Day
Hobbies & Interests: Spending time with my family, Sports, any kind of fun and Church, meeting people.

I look forward to reading all your posts and getting to network with everyone.

• Like 1

Hi Dawn and welcome! I just moved your introduction post to a new thread here to highlight you only and hope you don't mind ;)

Cool to have you join our network as your many years in business will be enlightening to our network. We actually have a forum set up just for legal posts too. I was a legal secretary in the corporate world for about 15-20 years before I became a VA. With all my experience working in law you'd never think my niche would now be Internet Marketing but I'd felt I did my time working for lawyers and wanted out LOL!

So neat you got married on Valentine's Day. At least hubby shouldn't forget that date right? ;)

Anyhow, off to do some telephone calls, just wanted to welcome you to our network. Enjoy!

vainsiders.jpg

Hello Dawn, welcome to the Forum! :)

• Like 1

Providing exceptional online support services to businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010. Visit my website to learn more.

---

Check out our 10 FREE RESOURCES for Virtual Assistants plus DOWNLOAD our Virtual Assistant Start Up Checklist!

Brand New? Check out the Virtual Assistant Career Program.
Veteran VA? Check out the VAinsiders Club (Job Board, Group Coaching plus extensive training resources)

Hello Dawn:

I am also a new Virtual Legal Assistant in Ontario Canada. My first client uses Clio Practice Management Software and I was unfamiliar with this so he advised me that I could take free online training. This software is amazing for small and solo firms and not all that expensive. It is also a great tool to collaborate with your client. Taking the training gives you the Certified Pro Designation which you can use on your website and other social media.

• Like 1

Hi Brant,

Thanks Brant for the feedback.

Yes, I have used Clio. One of the attorneys I used to work for but has since retired.

While I am new to VA Networking. I have been working in the virtual bankruptcy assisting for a while. I am currently using CINcompass which, I think is a banch of Best Case in which most of my attorneys use Best Case.

• Like 1