Sign in to follow this  
Alder_Typing

New to the VA World

Hi all,

I am just starting out as a Virtual Assistant. For the last 30 years i've worked in Administration and for the last 15 of those as a secretary in my local secondary high school. Now i've decided to work from home copying typing, reports, manuscripts, presentations, audio transcription, filing, laminating, spreadsheet data entry etc. If anyone has any good ideas, contacts etc then i'd really love to hear from you.

• Like 1

Welcome!

I see you ask about contacts. Not sure if you are referring to client partner contacts. If you were a paying member here, there is a job board, in which client partners will post that they need assistance in whatever area they are looking for.

Otherwise, if you don't have a website, you may want to set one up.

Hope this input helps a little.

Karen D

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to our network, I hope you enjoy all the resources and knowledge shared here. If you are just started out I'd go here to get started: http://vanetworking.com/free There are a couple of videos that explain starting up and a kickstart package to introduce you to our network resources. Any specific questions you don't have access to first check the archives (search) to see if it has already been answered else ask away :)

Enjoy your stay!

• Like 1

Thank you for all your advice. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Isn't it always the same, that whenever you start something new then something takes over your time and you have to lay it aside for a while. Especially when you are a working mother/grandmother!! Well crisis over now so I can once again give my new business venture my full attention. I'll certainly look into all the advice you have given. Thank you so much. Alison

• Like 1

I have set up my own website now www.aldertypingservices.co.uk so i'm hoping for some work from their. I have a friend in Hong Kong who I hope is going to forward my flyer to her friends who own their own business. I know it is probably the best advice to joing the vainsiders but at the moment money is very tight and there is no spare. If anyone has any advice about writing emails to target companies let me know. I hate receiving those spam emails so want to avoid sending them to others if I can. I seem to miss the webinars, something to do with the time difference for the UK but I have watched the videos. I've had one client so far who i've designed and produced 50th Wedding Anniversary Invitations for. I just hope it keeps coming so that I can leave my part time job and do this full time. :crossfingers:

• Like 1