Sign in to follow this  
DebbieinOH

WordPress Training

Hello,

I am a VAinsider and I was trying to find some videos to basic WordPress training, but I can't find any.

I did find one that was done by Angela Wills I think in 2012 but the screen is just white. Hard to follow if you can't see how to navigate WordPress.

Can you point me to the correct area for WordPress training?

Thank you,

Debbie

Hi I have wordpress videos on my website you can access to learn wordpress, I was selling the course for $10 but will give you access for free as a va networking gal. If you are interested email me at susanne@asksusanne.com and I will send you the link.

• Like 5

Susanne you are the reason why I love the VA industry, it just keeps giving to other VAs to help them get one further step ahead. That is why I've always kept the main forum free to give back to our VA industry. Thanks Suzanne you are such a blessing to know :)

• Like 1

To start learning from scratch I must say you should do some customizing with themes in this way you get the deep knowledge about how word press actually works.

What do you think is the best resource for essential Bootstrap training tutorials that I can use to personalize my VA portfolio’s look and feel? The website that I am planning to launch very soon uses the responsive Consulting Co theme from http://www.templatemonster.com/wordpress-themes.php, the layout looks very professional and delivers enough flexibility for additional future customization. However, the area I'm struggling with is converting some Bootstrap files to WordPress templates which would help a lot to create a custom design for 'About Me' and 'Contact' pages. Does anyone have experience with this?

Hi Alreend,

I have a lot of experience with both Bootstrap and WordPress theming. It's a lengthy process to explain but I used it for my first version of my website before switching to Genesis.

I can help you with some pointers, but first need to know where you are starting from. What is your level of skill with html, css and PHP?

• Like 1