malaika

Need your advise asap

To all those seasoned VAs,

I am just starting out and I received an email from a potential client. He is a website designer and works with start up businesses. And majority of the time his clients need content written for their sites. This is where I would come in. His question to me was if he should refer me directly to his clients to have their content written or if we should work together as a team.

What would you do?

Also, would you offer a flat rate or hourly rate as each project has different requirements.

Any advise is appreciated!!

Thanks you :)

Hmmm I guess that would depend on what you wanted to do and what you felt comfortable with. Do you have a good relationship with this person? You could work as a team and then basically he sub-contracts the work out to you. That might be easier cause then you would just have an agreement between him and you. He would then just send the work to you to be completed.

If you went with the referral route then you'd have to draw up a contract for each job and possibly give a referral fee back to the developer. Then work with the clients directly. This might lead to more work in the future from the developers clients. But I would probably discuss with the orginal referrer if that was OK cause I wouldn't want to step on the toes of the original referrer and take work they may have wanted.

I would probably charge a project rate. Assess each sistuation and give project price. Each job would probably be unique as some people might want one page written and some might want 10.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm just starting out too and I would agree with Danielle. You need to do whatever you felt comfortable with. I would probably just make sure that there was a written agreement between you either way so that there was no confusion. I would also charge a project rate in this case, I think the client would be more comfortable knowing how much the job was going to cost from start. Good luck in your new venture. I am still waiting for clients but it's very early days for me yet.

• Like 1

Either way the content should be discovered. Content in any way is helpful today for any website. Either it is discovered by joint effort with the client, directly from the client or ourself makes a significant contribution to the website.

• Like 1