Sign in to follow this  

IFTTT, anyone?

Recently, I've been running into IFTTT (if this then that) on lists of ways to have a better blog, and connect it to social media. If you have an account, you can set it up to generate code (what they call "recipes") to automatically connect (in either direction) blog to various social media outlets, and much much more.

Has anyone here ever used IFTTT to automate cross-posting? If yes, how do you like it? If no, is there any particular reason you decided against using it?

Thanks!

Margretta

Margretta this is a new app for me to check out and have put it on my list to do of things to do further research on while on my holidays next week. I always like checking out new things and thanks for sharing :)

I love it, you can use it for many things even for creating a spreadsheet of emails received, to create a to do list, to post content across media sites. Send yourself articles you want to read. I use it for my personal accounts and for some of my business purposes. The options (recipes) are endless. It does leave a trail in social media sites, the post comes along with a link but it is link back to the original post. It is so cool I forget I am using it. :flowers:

• Like 3

I've never heard of it either. I'm a little confused by the purpose of it? I will have to take a look at it. Thanks for sharing!

IFTTT does its thing by connecting to a whole bunch of cloud-based services, ranging from Dropbox and Google Drive to iOS Reminders, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can link your cloud accounts to your IFTTT account and then watch for events that can trigger actions.

Thats it

• Like 3