Sign in to follow this  
go2girl

Incorporating a free downloadable gift into wordpress site

Hi ladies, i am new here, just in the process of finishing up my site and I was hoping you might have some suggestions. I am adding a free downloadable gift in order to build my list and I was wondering what you used to incorporate that into your site? There seems to be so many options and I am willing to invest a little but I want to make sure I have some feedback on whatever plug in or shopping cart I use.

I am using wordpress and I do not have any immediate plans to sell anything else on my site.

Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

carolina

Welcome, Carolina!

For your free gift, you'll need some sort of email management software to handle the sign-ups for your free gift - and then to be able to send emails out to for your keep-in-touch/nurture system.

Some popular systesms are Constant Contact, MailChimp, 1ShoppingCart, InfusionSoft. You say you don't think you'll sell anything, so you could probably stay with Constant Contact or MailChimp. If you think you might EVER have products/programs/classes to sell, start out with 1ShoppingCart's lowest product (their Autoresponder product), and then you can upgrade if needed if/when you decide to sell something.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Take care,

Dawn

• Like 3

There is also Get Reponse for a email management program. Either way you'll eventually need to invest in one if you want to build your list via your website. The money is in your list as all marketers know. Make sure whatever you give away to entice them to sign up is really desired by your target market. Most won't just signup to a newsletter anymore they only sign up because you have something they REALLY NEED ;)

• Like 1