Sign in to follow this  
sfbayva

Hello there!

Hi everyone! I'm Mel and I'm from the SF Bay Area. I've worked in admin positions for years in education, non-profit and government. After getting a chance to work from home remotely in my last position, I knew that was the way I wanted to work from now on. I could get way more done at home than I ever could in the office. I had originally searched for jobs with the option to telecommute but found nothing I was interested in. Somehow I ran across the title "Virtual Assistant" and I was intrigued. I had never heard of that before. Everything (almost) I had been doing at my previous positions, I could do at home. I couldn't believe it. I didn't think it was something I could turn into a successful career. Having the option to work at home (or anywhere with internet connection), choosing what I wanted to do, and who I wanted to work with sounded like a dream come true!

So here I am a few weeks later after researching and lurking. I am finally going to start a career as a VA. I'm ecstatic! I'm really glad that there's so much help and information on the internet because I wouldn't even know where to begin.

I look forward to meeting everyone and being part of this community. Don't be a stranger. I'm friendly! :)

Mel

• Like 1

Welcome! You'll find more info here than you'll know what to do with.

Hi Mel, welcome to VAnetworking! I'm not too far away, I'm in Solano County.

Providing exceptional online support services to businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010. Visit my website to learn more.

---

Check out our 10 FREE RESOURCES for Virtual Assistants plus DOWNLOAD our Virtual Assistant Start Up Checklist!

Brand New? Check out the Virtual Assistant Career Program.
Veteran VA? Check out the VAinsiders Club (Job Board, Group Coaching plus extensive training resources)

Hi Mel,

Great to have you here, now that your not lurking.. there are alot of free and some small fee resources that are available to help you ...

Teri

Hi Mel and welcome and glad you stepped out of lurk mode and joined us! Love hearing your excitement and curiosity hearing about our industry for the first time. I remember feeling the same way almost 15 years ago when I heard the term VA. ;) It's been an exciting career that I've loved over the years.

Enjoy the info here and look forward to getting to know you more through your participation here :)

vainsiders.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.