Denise O

Full Client Base - how to advise potential clients

I have had a number of opportunities come my way for new clients over the last few months but am currently working full time for one client.

My approach has been to advise the potential client that I currently do not have capacity to take on any new clients but would like to stay in touch and reach out to them when I have openings for a new client. If and when this situation arises, I was thinking I would then send them each a message advising that I have an opening for so many hours per month.

I would love to hear from other VA's on the wording that you use when you advise clients of this situation and how you handle it.

I remember Tawnya mentioning something about keeping a client list. Tawnya, I would be interested in hearing how you do this.

Thanks,

Denise

• Like 1

Denise, can't remember where you live again but make sure you don't get marked as an employee at tax time only having one client. I recommend having a couple of ongoing clients to keep you out of that tax bracket (check with your business help service center to see if you are considered employee only having one client)

You could keep in touch with them by having them sign up to your newsletter too.

I'm not sure what you mean by having a client list, do you mean my waiting list? I don't have that anymore as I outsource the work being a Multi-VA company so as to not lose that work now.

• Like 1