Dal

New VA - Blogging

Hi there- Dal here,

I am planning on launching my new VA business officialy very soon. New name, new website, new skills. My question is whether to add a blog to my website. Is this something important and helpful in starting a new VA business. I like the idea of setting one up where I can post, but what is everyone's suggestions?

Hi Dal, I recommend putting a blog up if you think you will update it. It's good for search engines as they will see new content going onto your site often. Plus if you blog about your niche you can prove that you are an expert in the area by sharing knowledge. And as Emily said, a blog can help build your list. You may want to sign up to an email marketing program such as MailChimp or Aweber and have people sign up to receive updates.

• Like 3

Providing exceptional online support services to businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010. Visit my website to learn more.

---

Check out our 10 FREE RESOURCES for Virtual Assistants plus DOWNLOAD our Virtual Assistant Start Up Checklist!

Brand New? Check out the Virtual Assistant Career Program.
Veteran VA? Check out the VAinsiders Club (Job Board, Group Coaching plus extensive training resources)

Hi Dal and welcome!

Blogging can be very beneficial in establishing yourself as an expert in a niche. It also creates new content for you regularly which the search engines love thereby good for search engine marketing. If you are going to do a blog I highly recommend bare minimum you are prepared to write to it weekly. The most popular blogs are ones that regularly engage with their target audience.

• Like 1

vainsiders.jpg

I agree wholeheartedly with Danielle and Tawnya. I would like to add that as you figure out your specialty and niche (because you do need to differentiate yourself from all the other VAs out there!), THAT is a great place to write content for your blog. How-to articles and videos, tips, top 10 lists, and just writing about that particular skill, expertise, specialty that you have - and how it benefits your clients. Plus case studies, stories, infographics... Your blog doesn't have to be full-fledged articles. Videos are a fabulous and very hot content medium!

Good luck!

• Like 1

I agree wholeheartedly with Danielle and Tawnya. I would like to add that as you figure out your specialty and niche (because you do need to differentiate yourself from all the other VAs out there!), THAT is a great place to write content for your blog. How-to articles and videos, tips, top 10 lists, and just writing about that particular skill, expertise, specialty that you have - and how it benefits your clients. Plus case studies, stories, infographics... Your blog doesn't have to be full-fledged articles. Videos are a fabulous and very hot content medium!

Good luck!

Thank you Dawn for that very helpful information. I am planning on adding a blog and your examples and suggestions were great! Thanks!

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.