Hello everyone,
I'm from the Netherlands and just starting out as a Virtual Assistant. I've been reading a lot about the realm of virtual assistance, and recently completed a couple of digital courses as a part of my preparation. Therefore I have a good understanding of what a VA does. Prior to finding my first paid client, though, I would like to have some practical experience as well. Basically, I want to 'prove my value'. I'm currently looking for a volunteer position to get trained/mentored and receive a written testimonial, for which I will help you in return. In particular, I'm looking for a (experienced) VA who is familiar with the ins and outs of running the business. Imagine me as your subcontractor volunteer. Details and duration can be discussed.
I look forward to hearing from you!
  • Like 3

Hi Rosa an great idea to not only learn the business but to gain more credibility by working directly with a VA. I remember when I first started I worked as an intern for a big internet marketing business to learn the ropes (plus they gave me an awesome testimonial).

Anyhooooo....welcome, hope you enjoy the boards here plus find a VA company to intern with :)

Hi Rosa,

As a suggestion.. since I am not awre of the opportunities for you in your area, you can join/ or create a networking group of women professionals .. If you happen to join a well established networking group that has number of chapters, see what opportunities are available to volunteer for in that chapter..

As Tawnya mentioned about a great way to enhance skills , credibility and receive testimonials.

Tawyn has a great wealth of skills and suggestions of her VA business to share her knowledge with us..

Good Luck Rosa,

Looking forward to hearing more about the mentoring and your volunteering in the VA industry.

• Like 1

Wow, thank you for the replies! :)

I'm currently member of a similar group on LinkedIn, and I will check that out too. I will keep you updated!

• Like 1

Hi Rosa,

Where abouts are you in the Netherlands? I had a good friend move there from the Philippines to Rotterdam to pursue study. She too was a VA and a very skilled techy.

I'm curious as to know what your field or specialty is? Is it administration? Social Media? Tech?

The reason I ask is it may help find a mentor by announcing your area.

Just a though.

Welcome to the forums!

• Like 1