Sign in to follow this  
Tawnya Sutherland

Periscope / Blab & How to Get New Clients With it!

I just witnessed a VA get a new client in a very unique out of the box way and thought I would share how she did it. I was on a Blab (could do this with Periscope too) and there was this VA on there would type into the chat area all the major points and links that the speaker was talking about. She also welcomed new people who joined the blab saying "Hi Tawnya and welcome!" Which actually made me feel welcomed when I joined the blab.

Long story short she helped this speaker get her major points out to audience by typing them and links into chat box. She could have went even further and researched this blabber and posted links to their website or how to find them on their social networks. I would even go further and had my handle as TawnyaVAforhire lol!

It wasn't long until the speaker noticed and said hey I need a VA like you as you are very helpful here today so contact me after, let's talk! This VA may have a new client now how cool is that? Who knows she may do this for other blabbers and periscopes which really help the speaker convey their message. Next new niche? Blab/Periscope VA? wink emoticon

What's your thoughts on this way of marketing your services yes or no and why?

I've seen people do this on Periscope and YES, it is very helpful. I think the aspect of monitoring people, booting out the creepers, and welcoming the new people is a plus.

I think that transcriptionists would be great at this as you can transcribe the scopes and blabs into documents taking out all the clutter. It can be used as an audio, a video, points in a powerpoint, and a pdf download.

Blabiscope VA :cheers:

• Like 2

I've seen this on Periscope as well. I never thought of it as a marketing tool. I think its great. And you could offer transcription of the video to be used later since the video is only available for 24 hours.

• Like 2

From more of a coaching/consulting perspective, I've been considering using Periscope from the standpoint of open office hours - come ask me a question, get feedback, etc. You show your expertise and your value.

• Like 2

Dawn, I really love Blab.im you should check that out too. It seems like it will take off better than Periscope IMO anyhow. It makes for easier recording uploads to YouTube and many of the marketing gurus are using it instead because you can actually bring on guest speakers with you and such. Almost like a Google Hangout but ten times easier to host LOL

• Like 1

Tawnya, I've heard of Blab, but, believe it or not, I'm not a huge jump-on-the-newest-technology kind of gal. It's actually unusual that I have even tried Periscope. :) I usually like to see how things pan out and then if I think they're stable, I'll jump on. I know that means I lose out on some benefits of early adopters.

All that being said, since one of my goals is to get more exposure and visibility, I will add Blab to my list of to-do's!

:)

Thank you!

Dawn

• Like 1