Sign in to follow this  
Tawnya Sutherland

Using Google Analytics to Track Your Traffic

Thought I'd start a thread here because I'm digging deeper into using Google Analytics to actually track my traffic. As I come up with more tips to track your users I'll add them here to keep all in one place. Please share your ways of tracking using Google Analytics too, would love to learn from you too!

This is an awesome article by Lynette Chandler on how to track the day and time to send out your newsletters. It can really help if you know the day/times when most of your users are active and with Lynette's easy instructions you can easily set it all up. Now I know what are the best days and times to blast my list when most will be around to read it ;)

READ How to Set it up HERE

• Like 4

I track performance of all of my web-sites in GA. I also setup various views, goals, and filters in it. I've also took a couple of courses from Google to increase my knowledge, but never got through all of them... However, it might be a good idea, actually, if you really want to go into details. I'd also recommend to register all your web-sites with Google WebMaster tools to get even better results from GA.

In terms of when to schedule emails or any other social media posts, I simply Googled this info and found approximately the same results on multiple web-sites. I follow the same pattern now, but, occasionally, when I need to send / tell something important and more urgent, I do break it and post whenever - just to get the message through. Usually, if it is important, it does "go through" and the number of clicks is as expected.

For email campaigns I have been using MailChimp. I, actually, think that its reports are better than the ones that GA provides, since you are able to see who opened an email, who clicked which link, etc. GA tracks only what came to the web-site where the visitor landed at (unless, I really have to update my knowledge and take the rest of the courses from GA Academy.:)).

• Like 2

Great awesome article you share about tracking traffic. I think you should also share a guide about how to track event goals?.

Definitely and will put that on my todo list. I have so many blog posts I want to do, so many ideas, so little time LOL! ;)

Google Analytics is a fantastic thing. We can see whole website data at a time. We can see who are the live visitors now, where are the coming from, Location, Gender, by which keywords they came to visit my site...etc. So we can decide what to do next.

Thought I'd start a thread here because I'm digging deeper into using Google Analytics to actually track my traffic. As I come up with more tips to track your users I'll add them here to keep all in one place. Please share your ways of tracking using Google Analytics too, would love to learn from you too!

This is an awesome article by Lynette Chandler on how to track the day and time to send out your newsletters. It can really help if you know the day/times when most of your users are active and with Lynette's easy instructions you can easily set it all up. Now I know what are the best days and times to blast my list when most will be around to read it ;)

READ How to Set it up HERE

I am already using Google Analytics for tracking our traffic to website. Thank you for sharing the link its appreciating.

• Like 2

I think you can export google analytics but I don't use spreadsheets as I can view everything fairly easily in Google Analytics. I'd love to see your spreadsheets and what you watch in them someday when you are home :)

Anyone have an spreadsheets they have for keeping track of their analytics? I'm creating my own but would love to see what others are doing.

We have not made any spreadsheet yet!

Any one got a chance to track via custom report? i want to know the down time of my sites at specific hours and on some specific days of the week?