Get It Done Guru

HOW TO SETUP A VIRTUAL OFFICE FOR A CLIENT?? PLS HELP

I've been working with a client and the capacity and volume is looking to increase tremendously. They now want me to assist them in creating a complete virtual office so that they can hire more VAs. Additionally they want me to write SOPs on how to do such.

Now they're using a great application called iAreaNet which provides access to the company shared files, email, calendar, conferences, and more.

I'm unsure as to where to begin in setting up a complete office for another VA to use, let alone coming up with SOPs.

Where to begin? What to include? I believe the client will provide a basic model laptop to the VA (he wants to know what they;re working on). PLEASE HELP..

• Like 1

Hello and Welcome Get It Done Guru,

Congratulations are in order for this client to give you additional responsibilities. It sounds like the client trusts you and
that you have worked hard to show him how valuable you can be to the growth of his company.

Are you currently using this program, iAreaNet? Or is this something new to you?

If you are not familiar with the program, you will have to get up to speed so you can set up the office. I'm not sure
what that involve for you. Do they offer training?

I would start with the program and talk to those using it currently. Who set it up for the other company members?
You may speak to them and determine what the set-up involves. You can decide if this something you can
do yourself or if it requires assistance from another.

I would think you client knows you may or may not have the iAreaNet knowledge or not. Have they offered
any assistance with this plan?

Post back please with more details and I can help you get your proposal together.

Janine

• Like 3

I am going to assume that iAreaNet is some type of project management solution? If so, like Janine said you'll definitely want to learn this inside and out if you are going to manage his team of VAs for him. You'll probably want to get together with him on skype or however you correspond to find out what his goals are for this team. What are the projects he will have them working on, due dates, etc.. You will really need to know all of this info so that you can manage his virtual office.