CBNikole

Hello! New to this Forum & Excited to Connect :-)

**Disclaimer-- I tried checking out the Forum Rules before posting and kept getting an error message, so hopefully this post is within the proper bounds...

My name is Nikole Stephenson and I am the owner of my new startup, Computer Blue Media, which offers VA/creative marketing assistance to businesses within the niche of holistic health and wellness (most of my clients currently happen to be therapists). I don't currently have a website yet, but you can check me out on www.LinkedIn.com/nikolestephenson or www.facebook.com/ComputerBlueMedia. My business is very young--I acquired my first client a little over a year ago, my second client last February, and then I had a huge boom in business over the summer and currently have 13 clients in my roster really without even trying and am getting a fairly steady stream of new referrals. All of my marketing has been through word of mouth--I'm very humbled and grateful. The work literally found me rather than the other way around.

My focus is on my clients' web presence, so this includes anything from web content writing and blogging, web updates (specializing in Squarespace and Wordpress), SEO, social media management, video transcription (a lot of my clients produce YouTube videos), event marketing, media design (ebooks, downloadable freebie designs, memes, thumbnails, infographics, etc.), email marketing, and so on. It's a lot and I'm finding there are pros and cons to doing it all, so I'm toying with the idea of honing in only on what I feel are my strengths--writing and design. My clients seem to like the streamlined branding that happens when one person handles it all, but it also obviously causes delays in productivity because I'm only one person.

I found out about this forum through an email sent out by Reese Ben-Yaacov, a VA I follow online for tips. I'm really excited to begin connecting with other VAs because I'm definitely at a point in my business where I need to either start outsourcing work or consider hiring help. Not to mention, in terms of running a business, I'm totally flying by the seat of my pants. Everything has developed so quickly--I didn't realize I was starting a business until I was suddenly IN IT! Haha! So, advice is always welcomed on my end ;-)

A little about me outside of work:

I'm currently living in Minneapolis, MN--we recently moved here from SoCal when my partner entered graduate school at the U of Minnesota. We aren't married, but have been together for 5 years and have a 2.5 year old daughter. My interests include fine art (I have a BFA in photography and worked in art galleries for many years before getting pregnant with my daughter), yoga (I'm graduating from a teacher training at the end of this month!), running, reading, and human rights/social justice work. I love doodling, painting, writing lines of poetry that I rarely ever finish, DIY projects, cooking, and, given all of the above, drinking lots of coffee. ;-)

So, Hello everyone! It's nice to virtually meet you! I'm looking forward to the VAV seminars next week and to connecting with each of you! Please reach out if you want to connect. Cheers!

Edited by cbnikole
  • Like 2

Welcome Nicole! Sorry you were getting an error with the Forum Rules. Can you maybe explain where you were clicking and do a screenshot so I can fix that? Would be helpful if you have time as I am not getting an error when I check it.

Anyhow, glad you found us :) Wow you are doing amazingly well only being in business a year and having 13 clients...KUDOS!

We are lucky to have you as a member and hope you'll share your knowledge with us as well ;)

I love Reese! Just started to get to know her the past couple of weeks. We've had some long late (well wee hours for me) phone calls. She's a wonderful lady!

If you want to outsource at all please send jobs to our job board here: http://vanetworking.com/rfp

You sound very creative not just in business but in your personal life too.

Anyhow, I'm just taking a break here but have a ton to do tonight getting ready for my conference #VAVS starting Monday.

Have a great weekend and enjoy looking around at the boards here. Tons of info to soak up ;)
  • Like 1

Welcome Nicole! Sorry you were getting an error with the Forum Rules. Can you maybe explain where you were clicking and do a screenshot so I can fix that? Would be helpful if you have time as I am not getting an error when I check it.
Anyhow, glad you found us :) Wow you are doing amazingly well only being in business a year and having 13 clients...KUDOS!
We are lucky to have you as a member and hope you'll share your knowledge with us as well ;)
I love Reese! Just started to get to know her the past couple of weeks. We've had some long late (well wee hours for me) phone calls. She's a wonderful lady!
If you want to outsource at all please send jobs to our job board here: http://vanetworking.com/rfp
You sound very creative not just in business but in your personal life too.
Anyhow, I'm just taking a break here but have a ton to do tonight getting ready for my conference #VAVS starting Monday.
Have a great weekend and enjoy looking around at the boards here. Tons of info to soak up ;)

Hi, Tawnya! Thanks for your reply.

The link that wasn't working for me was the "Forum rules" link in the body of the pinned Guidelines post. For some reason, it thought I wasn't logged in, even though I was. I attached a screenshot of the error message. Does this help?

Hi. It's so nice to meet you. I came across Reese via an FB group. Great stuff.

Looks like you should subcontract some of your work, especially if you don't like doing something.

I'm sure you'll run into someone on here who uses a VA team.

• Like 2

Hi Nikole,

Wow....you have so much to offer clients. This is a great group of people. Hope you enjoyed VAVS12. I love all the seminars Tawnya and Danielle create.

Have a great weekend,

Debbie

• Like 2