Sign in to follow this  
toritolbert

How does my company get paid?

Hello,

I just started my own VA business. If I hire one Virtual Assistant to work with me at $15/hour, how does my company make money. I am sure there is a simple answer and I am over-thinking it.

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Tori

Hi Tori, If you are hiring on a team you have to figure out how much you need to charge in order to create the income that you desire. So you if you want to pay your team $15/hour and pay yourself plus pay for all your expenses you will have to figure out what to charge clients. We have a pricing worksheet in the forum to figure out what you should be charging.

• Like 4

Providing exceptional online support services to businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010. Visit my website to learn more.

---

Brand New? Check out the Virtual Assistant Career Program.
Veteran VA? Check out the VAinsiders Club (Job Board, Group Coaching plus extensive training resources)

Yes, fill out that pricing sheet Danielle recommends to figure out your hourly rate. You will have to charge more than $15/hr if you are sourcing out work to another VA who charges you $15/hr. Most likely you'll find you need to charge at least $30/hr or more to make it worth your while outsourcing.

• Like 1

vainsiders.jpg

Why don't you build up enough business for yourself before hiring other VA's. Then when you have so much work that you can't do on your own, that would be the time to hire employees. Or like mentioned above, charge a percentage for anything that you sub contract if it's something you are unable to do yourself.

That's just my thought on it, I don't plan on hiring anyone else until I have enough work to keep myself busy first.

Best of luck.

• Like 1