Susanne C

Using a physical book to market your va business

Have you considerd using your Book as a business card?

Do you realize this can help you Stand Out As Expert Authority.

Your book can be used as a high-quality marketing tool and potentially earn you additional side income from new customers (or users), speaking opportunities and consulting jobs. I published a kindle book I use for all my author clients. It is called "WordPress Starter Guide For Authors". It is a step by step approach to installing WordPress and setting it up to reflect the author's book branding.

Your book can help establish your industry expertise and perceived value. It's much better than a business card. It is something your client can keep in a visible spot and it will have all your contact info in it. Business cards get lost, books don't.

Your book can help set you apart from other people in your space. Not everyone is a published author within the space you do business, and this can help be a differentiating factor. Would you rather go with someone who’s a published author or not? Exactly.

You can use your book to open doors that may have previously been hard to get into. For example, my book and “published author” moniker has helped me land contributor roles at various outlets - Chamber of Commerce, local college, radio interview, all spread the word about my va practice.

Your book can become a strong marketing tool. You can give copies to contacts when you meet with them, send copies to potential clients and mail them to other influencers you’re hoping to connect with.Createspace makes book publishing very affordable. My book "WordPress Starter Guide For Authors" cost about $2 us for 40 pages.

What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

This is a great idea, I have never even thought of doing this but I have a gig on the third party platform that I am on and when I create a website for a client I will deliver a guide to assist them on some tips on using their website. This is something that I will be interested in doing in the near future. I tell you each time I come here I learn something new everyday.

• Like 1