aholton

*Gasp* Where to start with starting a blog?

Hey all!

I finally finished my website and am trying to get back to being active in forums and my LinkedIn groups. Now that I'm done with my website (which you can find here), I'm considering starting a blog. I definitely know it's good for establishing a presence and gaining traction in this industry. Problem is I have no idea where to start.

Do people still do a typical "Hey look, this is who I am" type of first post? I drafted an idea with four reasons why I decided to become a VA. Any input/ideas you guys can give would be super. That goes for the website too. :)

Much thanks in advance

Aiyana

• Like 2

Congrats to you on your website. I think a great place to start is researching here about what others have to say. I think the owner of this forum recommended purchasing PLR for your blog then you can adjust it according to your clients. Another resource I have found useful, hope it's ok to post is this link http://byregina.com/51-types-of-blog-posts/ best wishes to you.

• Like 2

Great Website Aiyana!

Here is a great article where Tawnya talks about PLR

http://www.vanetwork...t-try-some-plr/

Try to write articles that will attract your target audience and let them see that you have solid knowledge of services that you will be providing and can help them with their business needs.

My website is new too and I'm too planing to start blogging on it. Just recently I purchased PLRs and will be putting my spin on it and posting them on my blog.

Good luck to you!

• Like 2

I only suggest using PLR if you are not a writer or if you want to spark some new ideas.

If you have the gift to write I recommend writing your own blog posts. The most popular blogs are the ones that have a personality to them which can only be found by writing yourself ;) As for topics to write about, think who your target market is. What would they like to learn about or hear? As for your first post, yes, introduce yourself! I think that is a great idea to let people know why you became a VA...can't wait to read it so post link when you finish it :)

• Like 1

Hi Aiyana, how is your blog going? I see you've made so much headway since posting this initial message.

I'd just like to say great work and awesome dedication!

Your website is also very clean and shines with personality.

The only suggestion I have for you is maybe you need to optimise your images for web. The about page image seems to be a huge file and made the page take a while to load.

There are plugins that will help with that like imsanity and ewww image optimizer. Good luck!

• Like 3

Well, it's a nice idea to create a blog for your website. Blog page will help you to get more business referrals or clients. In blog page, you can exactly describe what your business is and what services you are providing.

• Like 2