Jpaul8

How to Choose a Business Name!

Hello!

Well, I'm extremely happy to announce that I now have enough clients to justify making this official! :) I wasn't sure if I was going to at first, being so busy pursuing my bachelors, but this has been working out really well for me!

SO anyways, I am so stumped in figuring out a name! I haven't quite found my "niche" yet because I still really enjoy the variety of tasks I can perform by offering my general VA services, so I don't want to base my name off of that. I am currently doing mostly personal assistance, although my biggest client currently has me doing a lot of work for his software consulting company. Long story short, I don't want my name to narrow my options if I should decide to choose a niche or broaden out.

I don't know whether to choose something that explicitly explains that I'm a VA or whether to make it something generic in case I decide to broaden even further. (I know these ideas aren't great...I'm completely stuck.)

Some ideas:

J&R Virtual Assistance

At Ease Virtual Assistance

Jo's Virtual Assistance

Helping Hand

Remington Co. (Generic)

• Like 2

Definitely check out available domains first. I also wanted mine generic as to not limit myself to a specific niche and since I want to become a successful VA so that I can travel the country and work at the same time, my name just came to me. Fortunately the name was available. So I would suggest tossing in a couple different options before you really get attached to one in case it's not available. Best of luck.

• Like 2