Sign in to follow this  
Danielle

Where Do You Buy Your Stock Photos From?

Where do you purchase your stock photos from? Only looking for paid options, not free places. Here at VAnetworking we always recommended DepositPhotos as they had high-quality images for an affordable price. Today I noticed that they jacked their prices and no longer offer Pay-As-You-Go Credits. Their prices are now comparable to Big Stock Photo. So I'm looking for other options. I really liked how you could buy credits for a year and use them as need be. I don't want to be on a monthly subscription plan because some months I don't need any photos and some months I need plenty. Disappointing news this morning, luckily I still have 30 credits to use, but after that I'll be exploring other options. I can't budget $100 a month for stock photos.

• Like 1

Most of the times I prefer Getty Images and Shutterstock for purchasing the high quality images. Not tried other sites yet, but will do check the recommendations people has given above.

Thanks for the links everyone. I didn't realize until recently images can help your SEO.

You are most welcome. Yes it does help in SEO as well.

I am assuming that by "stock photos" you are meaning pictures that can be used on your virtual assistant website?

You can't just put any old picture on your website, can you? There are copyright laws I know.

• Like 1

Yes Debbie, stockphotos means pictures you are allowed to use on your website and that don't infringe on others copyright. ie) You just can't grab an image from Google images and use those. You can get into a heap of trouble. I did this about 8 years ago. The company (Getty Images) actually sued me and I had to pay $1500. Live n learn and pass onto you guys so you don't make the same mistakes I did LOL!

They actually have people they hire scouring the internet to find people who are using their images without buying them.

• Like 3