Hey there! Welcome to VAnetworking.com --> The Social Network for Virtual Assistants.

I am so excited that you have decided to join the friendliest social network on earth for Virtual Assistants. Let me give you a quick intro of who I am. I am Juli and I have not been in the Virtual Industry that long, (3 years) but by being your moderator, I can relate to some of your challenges that you might possibly face that I might have gone through.

I was unemployed looking for way to pay off my student loan debt and how to make money at the same time.

I saw an AD on my local TV explaining how to make money online, that educated me a bit on how to make money online but through one of those freelancing sites. I was still not satisfied with only working from that platform so I went on Google and found ways how I could make money online, and this is how I found the forum and joined.

Fast forward a year later I have a business in place and I have launched my website. So I have gone through the path that you now are on. Enough about me and more about you!

One way to get to know you better on the forum is through your first introduction to us. I will outline some tips on how to get you started on the forum.

First you can do a quick introduction about yourself and this can be done by clicking here http://www.vanetwork...al-Busi-f4.html

If you are like me and don’t like to talk much about yourself here is a breakdown to use as a guide to ease those introductions jitters:

• Your Name:
  • Your Website URL (if applicable):
  • Years in Business:
  • Description of your Business, including any specialties:
  • On a more personal note:
  • What City/Town/State/Country are you from?:
  • Are you married? How long?:
  • Any kids and how old?
  • Hobbies & Interests:

How did you hear about us? We love to know how you heard about us so please let us know! i.e. Google search (what keywords did you search?), article in magazine (name of mag?), word of mouth (who?), etc.

Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to private message me or any of the other moderators here or contact us at our
help desk

Until then, can't wait to see your growth here and your accomplishments. Best wishes.

• Like 10

Julian, I'm so thrilled to have you as a Moderator with us. Your cheerful and giving nature will really benefit the members in this forum and make them feel right at home. I'm truly looking forward to your business flourishing over the next year and thank you again! ;)

Tawnya

• Like 3

I am just starting my journey to start my Virtual Assistant Business. I am thinking of doing proofreading and editing. Right now I am in college perusing a Virtual Office Professional Certificate of Achievement. I have two years experience as an Administrative Assistant Intern. I need your advice on what step should I take next. It seems that people on Guru are wanting degrees and three to five years virtual assistant experience. What's your advice?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, guerreromelisa said:

I am just starting my journey to start my Virtual Assistant Business. I am thinking of doing proofreading and editing. Right now I am in college perusing a Virtual Office Professional Certificate of Achievement. I have two years experience as an Administrative Assistant Intern. I need your advice on what step should I take next. It seems that people on Guru are wanting degrees and three to five years virtual assistant experience. What's your advice?

Welcome to VAnetworking! I don't have any experience in the proofreading and editing industry to answer your question.

You may even want to post this again as it's own standalone thread so more people see it. 

• Like 1

Hi Jullian, 

You will love our little family of virtual assistants.  This is the best positive group to be part of. 

Thought I would answer your questions.

• Your Name: Marie Mason
  • Your Website URL: www.cmvirtualassistantagency.org
  • Years in Business: 1 Year 
  • Description of your Business, including any specialties:
  • Our premier agency serves coaches and speakers by providing an event team to manage your webinar so you can focus on sharing your message.  Services for your event include management, marketing, video production, and bookkeeping. 
  • On a more personal note:
  • What City/Town/State/Country are you from?:
  • Charlottesville, VA., USA
  • Are you married? How long?: Married 16 years to my best friend.
  • Any kids and how old? I have one son age 13 years old, and he is a boy. He is smart, funny and a gifted and talented young man.
  • Can you tell he is my pride and joy?
  • Hobbies & Interests:
  • Baking, especially beg for more brownies.
  • dancing
  • gardening
  • knitting
  • Playing TCG games like Pokemon cards

How did you hear about us?

Kathy Goughenour in January/February 2018.

• Like 2

Here are my answers to your questions:

Your Name: Julie Smith
Your Website URL (if applicable): https://juliesjoyfulsolutions.wordpress.com/
Years in Business: I started in 2014, haven't had any steady clients as of yet. I was on Upworks and decided it is time to change directions.
Description of your Business, including any specialties: I create efficient systems for Realtors and Entrepreneurs to keep them on track with their deadlines while providing quality customer service so they can focus on what's important-- selling and growing!
- Empower Realtors and Entrepreneurs by helping you achieve your goals
- Assisting you with tasks to help you be more productive
- Create solutions to overcome the obstacles you encounter to relieve the stress
- Process information through well-honed research to meet timely deadlines
I received training as a Transaction Coridonator from a Realtor. When you hire me for all your transactions I will:
- Verify that all required signatures and initials are on the contract and addenda.
- Verify that all required addenda are included with the contract.
- Fill out commission disbursement forms.
- Open the file with the escrow or title company…And much more!

On a more personal note:
What City/Town/State/Country are you from?: Angola, IN USA
Are you married? How long?: Not married now, was for about a year.
Any kids and how old? I have a son that is 18, 2 daughters a 15 and 9-year-old
Hobbies & Interests: I love camping, fishing, and reading

How did you hear about us?  I found this group a few years ago, and I set business aside for a bit then, I re-discovery it through Kathy Goughenour-Expert VA training program.

• Like 2

Welcome Marie,

So sorry I have missed your post! I am so thrilled you took the time to answer the questions. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Ps. You should post some of your work in knitting if you choose to.

Can't wait to connect.

Hello. A newbie here. I am starting my career as a general virtual assistant. Looking forward to learning new insights from you guys. To know more about me, here's my website: https://rjanediodoco.wixsite.com/varosejanegacho

• Like 1