Sign in to follow this  
subcontracting

Website Analytics Expert

A client of mine has had a traffic for quite some time but hasn't been adding content. A marketing strategist has started talking them into this along with doing client communication. He still seems to not understand without a call to action we probably still won't see much traffic. However, good thing is he's trying to get ahead of the game and knows we should be tracking something in analytics. Of course he asks what should a cloud service business be looking at on a monthly basis for web traffic. It could help them make more decisions about what they offer I'm sure.

Good question I don't know the answer. I think it would be beneficial to look at location, mobile devices they find us on and also keywords but don't know how that feature works in analytics.

So if you are an analytics expert can you please give me some basic understanding what could help my client gain the right information to make good decisions.

• Like 1

I will need more clarification on your question to better answer same so have added my thoughts in red...

A client of mine has had a traffic for quite some time but hasn't been adding content. Traffic from where? How are they tracking same?

A marketing strategist has started talking them into this (into what?) along with doing client communication. He still seems to not understand without a call to action we probably still won't see much traffic. However, good thing is he's trying to get ahead of the game and knows we should be tracking something in analytics. Of course he asks what should a cloud service business be looking at on a monthly basis for web traffic. It could help them make more decisions about what they offer I'm sure.

Still not sure what your client is asking here? How much traffic should they have for their business? It all depends on what business they are in, how are they promoting their business (PPC, organic, etc.)

Good question I don't know the answer. I think it would be beneficial to look at location, mobile devices they find us on and also keywords but don't know how that feature works in analytics.

Is your client asking how to read their current analytics or are they asking you how to bring more traffic into their website?

So if you are an analytics expert can you please give me some basic understanding what could help my client gain the right information to make good decisions.

I will need more clarification on your question to better answer same so have added my thoughts in red...

A client of mine has had a traffic for quite some time but hasn't been adding content. Traffic from where? How are they tracking same? From finding us and when we start promoting our site at networking events. We use Google Analyiics right now.

A marketing strategist has started talking them into this (into what?) adding more content along with doing client communication. He still seems to not understand without a call to action we probably still won't see much traffic. However, good thing is he's trying to get ahead of the game and knows we should be tracking something in analytics. Of course he asks what should a cloud service business be looking at on a monthly basis for web traffic. It could help them make more decisions about what they offer I'm sure.

Still not sure what your client is asking here? How much traffic should they have for their business? It all depends on what business they are in, how are they promoting their business (PPC, organic, etc.) After networking events and even SEO tagging how much traffic are we gaining due to that effort.

Is your client asking how to read their current analytics or are they asking you how to bring more traffic into their website? Mostly how to read analytics and what we should be getting from it. We want to see the keywords people use and or what SM sites brought them to the site.

Ok, only way to track traffic after a networking event is to maybe set up a campaign for everyone at the networking event to visit their site to download something free with a coupon code possibly or a special link you give them. That would track people coming to site specifically from that event.

Otherwise just compare traffic over 2-3 days after event to 2-3 days before. Most likely if it has increased above the average norm it was because of the event.

Most important things to use in Google Analytics is seeing what keyword phrases people are typing in to find you and which pages they are going to. For example if there is one page that gets heavy traffic then you may want to ramp that page up for sales or lead generation with a signup form.

It's really a matter of digging in and learning it. Their help files are wonderful. You may be able to Google same or look on YouTube but I don't know any I'd recommend as I've just personally learned the way I mentioned.

Google actually has a learning academy here. which is free and you can get accreditation from it too. There's no better training that Google themselves ;)

Can you point me to any good Google analytic tutorial videos?

Google has not given any video tutorial on learning the Google Analytics yet but you can try https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/4553001?hl=en . And here is video tutorial as well on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7YA1oZhevo , hope you find it helpful :)

We've been using Google Analytics for tracking the traffic coming to our website. I feel like analytics also serve as your guide on the best thing to do in case you don't like the kind of traffic coming to your site.To learn more about it just google it or watch youtube videos for tutorials.

• Like 2