Sign in to follow this  
cwarren

VA Travel Agent? Does a Niche like this exist?

Hello Everyone!

I currently work as a subcontractor VA- I pretty much do an Admin role- scheduling, calendar/email management, Data entry, payroll, invoicing, human resource, etc.

I am also a part time home based travel agent- I am affiliated with an agency, and i handle all areas of travel (land vacations, cruises, flights, excursions, etc)

I would love to get looking at growing a VA business (instead of just being a contractor) and I totally love being a travel agent and wondered would it be a good idea to combine the two together and build a VA travel agent? Is there a niche for something like this? If there is is there somewhere that would be a great place to start?

I know this group is full of knowledgeable people and thought I'd reach out to see if this is something that is doable.

Thanks so much for your time and enjoy your day/evening

Camele

• Like 1

Hiya Carmele,

Yes you could niche yourself within the travel agency and work independently for yourself. You could arrange travel and also possibly zone in and help online entrepreneurs in the travel business (bloggers, travel agents, etc.). Speaking of specializing in putting together travel arrangements have you ever heard of Travo? I just did a webinar with them online and it appears to be a very cool new and upcoming product that VAs could use to help arrange travel for their clients.

Working for your own independently is definitely an option for you with your experience not to mention you'd make more money doing that than being a subcontractor for another company who is doing that ;)

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your responding and your suggestions. It's nice to know there is a niche out there for something like this. I've never heard of Travo before, but I will definitely look into it.

Thanks again! I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way. :)

• Like 2

Hi Carmella,

Looks like you got lots of answers so far.  Yes, it is a popular niche. Have not heard of Travo. Hope you had time to check it out. 

Looks like this post is 2 years old so let me know how your niche is doing.