Sign in to follow this  
norcal va

Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor?

Has anyone been through this program and is it worth the investment?

Its currently being offered at $449/year plus $270/year for the payroll option and it was recommended to me by a small business advisor I met with recently. I'm very new to QBs and will be offering bookkeeping/payroll services from my home.

Looking for any insight.....pros/cons?

Thanks!

• Like 2

First of all do you have a background or degree in accounting? Take a look at the area you're in or maybe go speak with a local advisor and get their view point. It may depend on how you plan to go about gaining business. It sounds like you'll use being listed on the pro advisor list to pick up clients. I like to find clients by them getting to know me but that's personal preference. I'm strong at being able to go from one software platform to another. However, if you haven't worked with many it probably isn't a bad idea.

• Like 1

Sorry -tax season! :D. I have heard both sides of the argument. If you are trying to build your client base, being a pro-advisor appears to be a worth-while investment if you are relatively unique to your geographical area. Research what othe pro-advisors are in the area. I am not a pro-advisor because I have gotten the bulk of my referrals through word-of-mouth. :)

• Like 1

I know this is late to the party but you do not have to pay to be a proadvisor right away. You can become a proadvisor for Quickbooks online free of charge. It gets your name on the proadvisor website. However, the more certifications you have the higher up your name appears when somebody searches.

If you pay for it and you get certified in QB desktop and QB online then you can continue to take the QB desktop test yearly, free of charge you just don't get the free software.

Tracy Collins

• Like 1

Yes, QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program will certainly help you in getting better insights on how to efficiently use and manage different QuickBooks Products. However, before you decide to make this heavy investment, there are few concerns.

You should at least have a very good accounting knowledge and you should also know how QuickBooks works, what are its different features and which QuickBooks product is best suited for your business. 

I will also recommend that before enrolling to QuickBooks Pro Advisor program, do consult any renowned CPA or accountant, who already has good hands on QuickBooks.

There is one another way to proceed. Get QuickBooks hosting solution from any renowned hosting provider and get working knowledge of QuickBooks by going through online tutorials and resoources. This is one of the cost-effective ways to use QuickBooks.