lstegemiller

Making Tax Season More Bearable - Part 2

I thought since I posted Part One of "Making Tax Season More Bearable," I might as well continue posting the rest of the series! (Unless it becomes less helpful to everyone haha).

Part Two of "Making Tax Season More Bearable" addresses how accountants and bookkeepers should make sure that client information is accessible when needed.

I remember a few years back speaking to a partner from one of the largest accounting firms in the United States regarding tax season challenges. They explained that the tax season would go much smoother if they could have access to client financials on a timely basis to more capably schedule their staff to work on the financials. They went on to talk about some of the “traditional clients” of the past that would bring in their “bloodied and bruised” financials for the year that would require a great deal of cleanup work before they could embark on preparing the taxes.

We talked at length about the benefits of cloud hosted options and “Saas” (software as a service) such as QuickBooks online and Xero. What these options have done for the accounting/bookkeeping industry, in most cases, is allow for continuous access to their client’s information enabling effective scheduling during tax season. Even QuickBooks desktop clients can be supported using resources like Qbox for continuous access and collaboration.

The bottom line is “less surprises leads to more productivity” which is extremely important during tax season. Even with the necessary extended hours, a manageable schedule helps reduce the anxiety for all key staff members and creates opportunities for increased profitability.

These are some great tips, thank you and best wishes.

Julian Palmer VA for fashion-focus LadyPreneurs who needs support for your admin & technical tasks! 1f460.png?2764.png❤️

This Fashionista VA can be found here http://julivaglobal.com/

Want to be in a group where the support is always constant from other LadyPreneurs by industry?

I am also sharing my FREE Time-saving tips & 24+ tools for busy Fashionistas in business like yourself bit.ly/24TimeSavingTools

Hi Tawnya! I apologize, I completely forgot to respond to your comment :addohno: I couldn't figure out a way to link the last post to this one, but if you find yourself wanting some tips for surviving tax season next year, here is Part 1 of the Making Tax Season More Bearable blog series: https://qbox.coraltreetech.com/blogs/making-tax-season-more-bearable-part-one-establishing-mutual-expectations-with-your-clients/

Once again, I apologize for responding so late.

• Like 1