I don't even do my VA business FT and yesterday I found out why. I have two nice steady clients and the latest one just told me she'll have to cut back. So the next few months I will have to seek new contractors. It's not a good feeling however I know things are moving in the right direction. Last week I did have two completely new leads. So I just need to have some faith. What was your scariest client lost moment?

• Like 2

I think my scariest client loss was the one I had to fire which was a $1200 retainer every month. Being that was like 8 years ago that was a hefty loss but such a relief to let go in the same breath ;) All you can do with client loss is bravely move forward and pick up the pieces one step at a time. Try not to get discouraged and keep at it. Collette don't forget the job board at our VAinsiders.com club as that is the easiest way to land your next client as they are looking for you instead of the other way around which gives you the advantage in the hunt ;)

Good posts here on Finding clients. http://www.vanetworking.com/forum/topic/26440-how-to-find-new-clients/ and http://www.vanetworking.com/forum/topic/26470-how-to-find-then-retain-your-clients/

• Like 1

In my case, I think I am more relieved when a client moves on. Not to say that I don't beat myself up to wonder what I could do differently, but I don't really have the temperament these days to explain over and over again why a certain service is price at X than Y. Some of the times it's just best to leave those toxic clients. When I first started out I would be the people pleaser and say yes to everyone, but when they kept on adding and dictating what I should do, I appreciate when they do move on when I say no. So in the case of when I have a good client who does not need my service anymore, I continue to market more to attract another good client like that. I know you will land those two leads and more in no time, best wishes.

• Like 4