ToniPro

Static IP Help

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Hoping someone may be able to help me as I'm about to bang my head against the wall :) (Can you tell I don't know much about this type of "stuff"?)

I need to have a static IP address in order to gain access into a software program. My ISP does not offer the option of a static IP. Does anyone know of a way that one can obtain or program a static IP or is the only solution to switch to an ISP provider that offers this option?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

Wow, I'm not sure about that one so you aren't the only one not knowing much about that type of stuff LOL! Hopefully someone else can help you. Have you tried searching in google about it? That's probably where I would start my research.

• Like 1

Thank you so much, Tawnya, for your quick reply! I have and have found that, for my needs, I need to look into "multi user VPN behind one static IP".....So, now I'm off to figure out how exactly that is achieved. :)

Thank you so much!

• Like 2

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Hoping someone may be able to help me as I'm about to bang my head against the wall :) (Can you tell I don't know much about this type of "stuff"?)

I need to have a static IP address in order to gain access into a software program. My ISP does not offer the option of a static IP. Does anyone know of a way that one can obtain or program a static IP or is the only solution to switch to an ISP provider that offers this option?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi,

If your ISP is not offering you static IP address or it's too costly then there are other ways to access your network.

Dynamic DNS is one of them, you need to get register with dyndns and get a hostname which will always redirect you to the new ip address of your router.

If your software is using specific ports, then you need to map those ports to your software server/workstation on your router.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,