Hello everyone!

My name is Marshanique Arthurs and I'm new to this field. However I'm very passionate about it. I'm eager to learn how it works. I would like to call it MAAssistant but I have just started with a website that just tells a little about me and the services I would offer: http://marshaniquewalker.wix.com/virtualassistant . I am willing to work 40 hours per week for 4 weeks for $10 per hour in an effort to learn and gain experience and also have a possibility of working full time with whoever accepts my offer.

On a light note, I'm from the little island of Jamaica. I'm married to the most wonderful but sometimes irritating man and have created one child with him. This year makes two years since we decided to "tie the knot" :) my son is 8 months old now and such a joy to be around. I quit my job recently to pursue this dream and so far, even though I haven't been able to land a job, I have learnt so much.

I hope my offer will be seen by someone seeking my skills and that my start to creating an awesome business will start soon :)

Edited by marsha22
  • Like 2

Hello Marshanique, welcome to VAnetworking!

Have you tried joining some groups where you target market might hang out? You may want to find some and start answering their questions etc to show your expertise.

Hi Danielle. That's what I would like to do but to be honest I don't know where to find those groups. I don't know where to find people who are seeking my skills. I'm on a few sites like Upwork but people there are looking for those with all these experiences so I don't stand a chance.

Hi Marshanique and welcome to #VAforum!

Looking forward to getting to know you more through your participation here. Forming relationships with other VAs is a good way to get hired by them too if that is who you'd like to learn from.

Hello everyone :) well my skills are Data Entry and customer service. I don't have a usb headset yet so I can only offer email handling of customers. I also have some experience in social media account handling.

I never looked at speaking to other VA's. Was just focusing on finding clients but I could try that.

You'll have to start forming relationships with others be it VAs or business entrepreneurs to spread word around about you. If you were wanting to mentor for free you'd be more apt to find someone to train you. Being that you want to be paid while doing it then basically you need to take the route of finding clients that other VAs take, marketing yourself :) Here's a post on finding clients: http://www.vanetworking.com/forum/topic/26470-how-to-find-then-retain-your-clients/

Hello Marsha,

Welcome to the forum! Yeah another Jamaican, now hopefully our industry will grow more here in the island. I sent you a message. I think we have similar background in that I started on a third party site too, but was frustrated with the restrictions that was placed, when I did a Google search on how to be a VA, this forum came up and the rest is history. Here is what I did on here, I signed up to every webinar that Tawnya offered (you don't have to do this) I learnt new skills because admin alone will not cut it and lastly I did what Danielle suggested, I joined groups where my ideal clients were. I know you got this. Best wishes to you.

• Like 1