As business owners, we start to create this fabulous business plan of having our business online and how to go about doing so, smooth sailing with no bumps on the straight road ahead. Was I wrong to think this because, during this path, it's like I started from Z and not A!

Today I want to share 5 things I wish I had known:

1. I wish I had known that Virtual Assisting was an industry a year ago and you can make money online.

2. I wish I had known that when I started out Virtual Assisting that I could not only offer Administrative services alone. I have to keep on learning.

3. I wish I had known that I could start networking my services in social media platform, such as joining groups and finding clients there too.

4. I wish I had known that having more than one income, such as passive income, would be handy when you have off days and no clients to tend to.

5. I wish I had known that I would need to build and create a list from day one.

What are some things you wish you had known when you started your business?

They do not have to be 5, it could be more or less but let's share our "I wish I had known".

Thank you.

• Like 1

Great tips, Julian. These will undoubtedly save any newbies from going down the path of confusion. One thing I wish I had known was just how powerful social media is. I've really fallen behind the game lol.

Love the outsourcing tip Susanne gave.

• Like 2

I wish I had outsourced more of the tedious things I didn't like instead of trying to do it all myself.

I wish I had taken more time off work and spent with my kids instead of being a workaholic.

I wish I had found a niche sooner than later although no regrets.

I wish I had learned about building my list and affiliate marketing from day one.

• Like 1

Exactly Lily! I wasted so many hours and had much needed stress "thinkin" I had to keep a client that I didn't enjoy working with. I should have dumped them much earlier in the game than I did but "thought" I needed the money at the time not realising with a time sucker of money they were LOL

• Like 2