Jasonlea

Client who is really disrespectful

I had a client who hired me to do a name data base for her,400 to be exact in 20 hours. Let me start off by saying she was 33 min late for our meeting to discuss the job. She took a week to get back to me for the info for the contract. I emailed her to ask how I was suppose to get these names, should I tell them anything to get the information and that to took a week for her to respond. Now I have 2 days to get this project done. Ofcoarse I didn't meet the deadline but got her a hundred for her.

The end of the month came and she wrote me an termination email that offended even my wife. I stipulated in the contract a late fee which has passed. What should I do?

Sorry so long.

Jason

• Like 2

What a bummer,,,,,anyway to get back the work you did? I had this happen to me but it was on a website so I was able to delete the work I had done. Frustrating isn't it.

• Like 2

I would have asked for payment upfront, however, with the non-communication on her part I wasn't sure if I were able to meet the quota and deadline she was requesting. I would have had to reimburse her.

Jason

• Like 2

I would have asked for payment upfront, however, with the non-communication on her part I wasn't sure if I were able to meet the quota and deadline she was requesting. I would have had to reimburse her.

Jason

I'd still get partial payment up front. Then once you completed those hours get another block of hours paid upfront for them. I'd rather return hours than not be paid ;)

Jason,

Also remember that you are the business owner and you set your own policies and procedures.

Explain you want payment up front for X amount of time or to meet a certain goal. Explain that
you require 24 hours turn around time for questions and any updates in your contract.

I would also consider taking a deposit in addition to payment up front. That way if you go over the
job, you can be paid for the work you did.

And don't be afraid to say 'no' to people who disrespect your time and value.

Janine