Today I was searching around trying to find an alternative to so many of the IM devices. I was thinking that there had to be a way to not have ssssoooo many different packages open at once. Anyway, I found Trillian which is available at http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/. It is a FREE program (they also have a paid version) that allows you to log into the following accounts simultaneously, through one program:

AIM

MSN

Yahoo

Everything is housed in one program so you no longer have to log in using 4 different programs. Great invention, huh! I am extremely impressed with it and it’s so easy to use!

Again, I am just excited (guess it doesn’t take much wink.gif )…just thought others might find it useful too!

thumbup.gif

Becki - Wow! Just the other day I was wondering if there was something out there just like this service. I'm going to check it out!

Would you or anyone else happen to know how I can place something on my website that shows whether I'm "online" on any given IM application and available to chat?

Thanks for the link! biggrin.gif

I've used Trillian for neary a year now.

Though I don't have a AIM account (us techies have an adversion to AOL), I do use ICQ (Same account since 1995), Yahoo! and MSN.

I'm always online and often at my desk, I welcome anyone who wants to add me to their messaging accounts to contact me, or check my profile, I'm fairly certain I added one of my IM accounts there.

I used Trillian about a year and a half ago and had nothing but problems with it. It kept crashing my computer blink.gif I finally decided to get rid of it. Maybe I should try it again.

Ok, well I downloaded Trillian, again, and have been using it for about a week and it is causing havoc with my computer.

To the recycle bin it goes.... damnputer.gif again.

Yep, unfortunately I have had problems with it too. I am getting rid of it.

I am so happy that it is working well for some of you.

I was using it too, but then read about GAIM and started using that, but GAIM kept causing problems for me so I dumped it. I didn't have any problems with Trillian when I had it so I'm going to give a try again.

For those who are having issues with Trillian, contact me off-list and lets see if we can get it working properly for you. wink.gif It could be an issue with the audio-video settings plug-in that's making your computer crash.