Veronica

What are your favorite graphic design programs?

It's been awhile since there has been a new post in this section, so let's get it going again! 

Whether you are new to graphic design or a veteran, what are your favorite programs and tools? There are SO many programs out there and some are specialized, so go ahead and choose your favorites. I'll go first!

1. Adobe Illustrator - This is by far my favorite program. I use this strictly for logos, icons and creating 2D graphics from scratch. Illustrator is great for creating vector graphics, which will let you retain their size without losing quality. There is still sooo much more I need to learn about it as it's ever changing.

2. Adobe Photoshop - My second favorite program for editing images and enhancing photographs. Auto batch editing in Photoshop is also a dream. You can create all kinds of things in photoshop!

3. Canva - Canva is an awesome alternative and great for businesses. I use canva to make tons of social media graphics, infographics, e-books and more. It's very user friendly and a great starting point if you are new to graphic design.

Those are pretty much the only 3 that I use, because I can do everything I need to do in them. There's also InDesign, which is great for posters, e-books and various layouts. I haven't gotten into it much, but it's highly recommended.

Let's hear your favorites!

• Like 1

I used to use Photoshop and Illustrator. But I realised I was only using them for tasks that could be done on Canva. Although logo manipulation on vectors is an Illustrator job.

Honestly in Australia, the prices for Adobe's products got too expensive for somebody who was hardly using them well. Shame because I was good at them at one stage lol. Just didn't need them.

@Veronica have you heard of this program online? https://vectr.com/ I might see if i can use it to do minor changes to vectors such as changing colours lol. Or I just hire you ;) 

• Like 1

I've been loving Photoshop since version 2.0. I am pretty versed with Illustrator too. I've never really used any of the other programs like Canva. They are probably easy to use but just reach out and click on photoshop as my go to.