My name is Rose. I'm not a VA [yet]. I've been working clerical/admin for many, many years in higher education but pretty much doing the same thing. I live in the PeopleSoft database, use Word all the time to create forms and letter, and some Excel (I used to know how to do formulas years ago but forget). I also know some WordPress, and Canva. I haven't been able to figure out what services I could offer and that has been my roadblock but I keep trying.

• Like 1

Hi Rose and welcome! We all look forward to getting to know you more through your participation here.

Here's what I would do first of all to figure out your services you could offer. Just write all your skillsets done on separate post it notes. Word, excel, Canva, etc. From there you will have a bigger picture of what skills you have and then you can decide on who would need these skills. ie) Authors/Speakers might need Word help putting together their books, or making kindle books. They could also use your Canva skills to promote their products on social media. Make sense? That's just one example of where your skills could lead you.

Also, go research other VA websites and see what services they list. I believe in our free VA member Lounge there is a checklist of 200 services VA can offer their clients so go grab it and start checking off.

Hey there Rose, welcome to the forums! You have a lot of experience in the real world, so you just have to break down what you're best at and take it from there. There is a lot of great info on the forums and the website in general, so definitely take a look around and feel free to ask any questions in any of the sections!

• Like 1