Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, 

Can not wait to connect with you all,

My name is Latoyia Anderson, my website is http://latoyiaanderson.com I have just started being a VA a little under 6 months, I am a Pinterest Virtual assistant and I would like to offer other VA services still deciding on which ones are the best to offer. I am from Norfolk, VA I am married with 4 children just had my youngest one in Jan and we decided I should stay home to take care of her and now I am facing some issues with how the online working from home field works since it so very new to me and none of the experience I have working outside of the home relates to the online community I am in need of some assistance. I love writing I published a book, I love to eat so I love to cook as well but not a well as my husband lol I heard about Tawnya through searching for virtual assistant facebook groups. So I started my work from home journey through the work at home woman website and landed a job through her newsletter of job leads, I purchased a Pinterest course through one of her articles as well and started my blog, however when applying for VA jobs I am getting turned away because my website is geared towards my blog. I got everything all wrong and I want to get on the right track and do things the right way. So if any of you lovely VA's can help me that would be greatly appreciated. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Latoyia and welcome! Great website you have and very informative for stay at home moms. Awesome niche you are in as a Pinterest VA as this is a hot growing social network that many businesses should be marketing at. I just checked my google stats and was amazed at how many people visit my website from Pinterest.

As for your website being focused on work at home mom tips, that can be an advantage to you selling your VA services too. Think positive! ;) For example, if you know for sure you want to niche in Pinterest then maybe focus on work at home moms who need Pinterest services. That way you could combine your niche with your blog writing love or WAHMs and voila...you have a very targeted website to sell your services to.

I would then blog more (your last one was in June). Like every week minimum. Make half your blog posts more Pinterest related, how to market yourself on Pinterest etc. and direct this toward your target market which could be WAHMs?

I would clean up your main menu and give them only a couple of choices:

HOME + ABOUT ME + WAHM BLOG + HIRE ME

Put privacy and contact info at bottom of footer. You can also put contact you info on the hire me page.

Next thing I would do is start list building! Build that list as the $$$ will be in your list especially if you like to blog. I'm going to private msg you a link to try my VAinsiders.com for free trial. Do the Email Marketing Training Track course ;)

Anyhow, Just brainstorming here but see so much potential for you to work your Pinterest specialties with WAHMs. Put your best knowledge about Pinterest into your blog posts too and don't worry about giving away too much info. People will either do what you say or HIRE YOU to do it ;)

Enjoy the forum and again welcome! If you have any questions just ask us.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2018 at 10:42 AM, Julian Palmer said:

Welcome to the forum Latoyia!

Congrats on your baby! The good thing is you started a website, not to be discouraged continue to search because you might hear a ton of no before yes.

It will happen and best wishes to you.

Thank you so much I really needed to hear that because I have heard a lot of no's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tawnya Sutherland said:

Hi Latoyia and welcome! Great website you have and very informative for stay at home moms. Awesome niche you are in as a Pinterest VA as this is a hot growing social network that many businesses should be marketing at. I just checked my google stats and was amazed at how many people visit my website from Pinterest.

As for your website being focused on work at home mom tips, that can be an advantage to you selling your VA services too. Think positive! ;) For example, if you know for sure you want to niche in Pinterest then maybe focus on work at home moms who need Pinterest services. That way you could combine your niche with your blog writing love or WAHMs and voila...you have a very targeted website to sell your services to.

I would then blog more (your last one was in June). Like every week minimum. Make half your blog posts more Pinterest related, how to market yourself on Pinterest etc. and direct this toward your target market which could be WAHMs?

I would clean up your main menu and give them only a couple of choices:

HOME + ABOUT ME + WAHM BLOG + HIRE ME

Put privacy and contact info at bottom of footer. You can also put contact you info on the hire me page.

Next thing I would do is start list building! Build that list as the $$$ will be in your list especially if you like to blog. I'm going to private msg you a link to try my VAinsiders.com for free trial. Do the Email Marketing Training Track course ;)

Anyhow, Just brainstorming here but see so much potential for you to work your Pinterest specialties with WAHMs. Put your best knowledge about Pinterest into your blog posts too and don't worry about giving away too much info. People will either do what you say or HIRE YOU to do it ;)

Enjoy the forum and again welcome! If you have any questions just ask us.

Thank you Tawyna this was great information. These were some of the exact items I needed help with about my website. It has turned a lot of potential clients away.  I got the message and thank you again I can not wait for our call.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Latoyia, welcome to VAnetworking! Tawnya provided some great suggestions to improve your website. 

I noticed on your blog that at the bottom there is a "You may also like" and it links to other posts that aren't on your site. I recommend removing that as you are leading people away from your website.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Latoyia, so great to have you here! I love how you are focusing on being a Pinterest VA. There's no need to add too much to your repertoire, as you want to make sure it's what you really enjoy doing. So just take it one step at a time and as your Pinterest business grows, then you can see what else you're good at and continue from there. I have found focusing on one thing and getting really good at that is way better than doing a lot of little things and being subpar at them.

And one last thing, if you are working solo, I'd remove the "us" and just put "About" and "Contact" or put "About Me" and Contact Me". Especially since you have "Hire Me", that could get confusing. It's better for prospective clients to understand that it's YOU they are working with. Makes it more personable as well. Good luck to you!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 11:52 PM, Veronica said:

Hey Latoyia, so great to have you here! I love how you are focusing on being a Pinterest VA. There's no need to add too much to your repertoire, as you want to make sure it's what you really enjoy doing. So just take it one step at a time and as your Pinterest business grows, then you can see what else you're good at and continue from there. I have found focusing on one thing and getting really good at that is way better than doing a lot of little things and being subpar at them.

And one last thing, if you are working solo, I'd remove the "us" and just put "About" and "Contact" or put "About Me" and Contact Me". Especially since you have "Hire Me", that could get confusing. It's better for prospective clients to understand that it's YOU they are working with. Makes it more personable as well. Good luck to you!

Thank you, Veronica, I was struggling with this if I should offer more services than just Pinterest, but you are absolutely correct. I should focus on perfecting Pinterest and worry about other services later. I will remove contact us and use contact me because my email actually says contact me and I was following the leader when I did contact us because I have seen it on everyone else's page. Thank you so much for all of your insight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2018 at 5:17 PM, Danielle said:

Hi Latoyia, welcome to VAnetworking! Tawnya provided some great suggestions to improve your website. 

I noticed on your blog that at the bottom there is a "You may also like" and it links to other posts that aren't on your site. I recommend removing that as you are leading people away from your website.

Hi Danielle, 

I was using an affiliate link but I think I will be taking into a different approach and remove these links. Thank you so much for all of your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2018 at 11:41 AM, kiddlove said:

Thank you, Veronica, I was struggling with this if I should offer more services than just Pinterest, but you are absolutely correct. I should focus on perfecting Pinterest and worry about other services later. I will remove contact us and use contact me because my email actually says contact me and I was following the leader when I did contact us because I have seen it on everyone else's page. Thank you so much for all of your insight.

You are so welcome! I think it will really help you focus and be an expert first and foremost. I wish this was something I followed, but I'm one of those "must learn everything" person and it can get a bit overwhelming!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A



    Are You a VAinsider?
    Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Job Board *
    * VA Training Tracks*
    * Group Coaching *
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    *Checklist & eBooks *
    * Seminar Archives *
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

    Virtual Assistant Organization Association









    HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

    Affordable online backup for your small business


    Click to see your AD here!


    Cool Virtual Assistant of the month!

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.