CMVA12

Prices to Charge for Blogging?

Hi everyone,

Hoping that all of you are having a productive week. 

I have a pricing question.

How much would you charge a potential customer to write a blog post once a week between 501-100 words?

I gave her two other options:

250-500 words

1001 + words

What would you recommend?

Have a productive week.

Warm Wishes,

Marie Mason

Owner 

CM Virtual Assistant Agency

New Website soon

• Like 1

Marie, what time is involved in this task?. Do you need to do research for it and then write it? Will you have to then post to their blog? Will you be optimizing this post for the search engines? All these things you need to consider if you are packaging up blog writing services. If you don't know the time involved do a test run by writing a blog post for your own website and see how long it takes then take into account your hourly rate and figure out a price that makes you happy.

I'd also do a Google Search asking that question ie) blogger rates

I saw this blog post too on freelancer rates that might help you further discover your pricing.

Do some research on what others charge for these services as well to make sure you are in the right price zone.

Pricing will vary from person to person there really is no set rate.

15 hours ago, Tawnya Sutherland said:

Marie, what time is involved in this task?. Do you need to do research for it and then write it? Will you have to then post to their blog? Will you be optimizing this post for the search engines? All these things you need to consider if you are packaging up blog writing services. If you don't know the time involved do a test run by writing a blog post for your own website and see how long it takes then take into account your hourly rate and figure out a price that makes you happy.

I'd also do a Google Search asking that question ie) blogger rates

I saw this blog post too on freelancer rates that might help you further discover your pricing.

Do some research on what others charge for these services as well to make sure you are in the right price zone.

Pricing will vary from person to person there really is no set rate.

Hi Tawnya,

Thanks for all the suggestions.   I did check out this freelancer website you sent me.  The rates were not listed on the site you have to talk to them about it.  And it looks like the rates are set at a yearly rate, not a monthly rate. 

Good points on the time it takes to complete this task.

I need to get back with her and ask her some of those questions you asked me.

Thank you for those suggestions.

Have a productive day.

Sorry I can not be on the group coaching call this afternoon.  I have to pick up my son a little early from middle school today so he can get home and have dinner and then get some homework done before we have parent-teacher conferences tonight at his school.

It's all part of back to school fun. 

Warm WIshes,

Marie Mason

Owner

CM VIrtual Assistant Agency

• Like 2

All depends on content writer, some would charge less, some ask more as per their experience and writing skills.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 10:55 AM, Julian Palmer said:

I know that some freelancers charge for words and or by content. So for example per word could start at.50 or $1 as an example or for the whole content at 1000 words $50.

Thank you, Julian Palmer. I appreciate this idea.  I was thinking of charging about $50 for 250-500 words then go on up from there. 

It is always good to know the prices out there. I appreciate the info.  My original goal was to write content for blogs and articles, etc.  

However, I have changed my niche since then.  But she remembers what I started off working on.  Which is awesome.  Thank you for 

reaching out and providing feedback. Have a productive week

Best Wishes,

Marie Mason

CM Virtual Assistant  Agency

cmvirtualassistantagency@gmail.com

https://cmvirtualassistantagency.org

• Like 1

Hi Marie,

One service I think would be pretty cool as a package would be this. To extend your webinar package by offering to transcribe or create shownotes out of the content that is created.

I know some marketers like James Schramko have very in depth pdfs created from their webinars, with formatting and images  + transcribed text.