Hello VA Community, 

A little background before leading to my question. 

On Monday I received a LinkedIn connection request from a Founder & Editor of The Startup Growth. He conveyed he bumped into me on accident and noted I had an impressive profile. Also, always looking to connect and network with other smart, influential leaders and was looking forward to learning more about what I do. So, naturally, I accepted the connection and indicated I was looking forward to sharing the knowledge, building camaraderie and engaging with him and others who share my enthusiasm.   

He responded back on Friday with the following:

I wanted to know if you are interested in being interviewed about your experience as an entrepreneur? The blog is located here: https://medium.com/the-startup-growth The blog will give you a chance to tell your story and gain exposure through my social networks. We have a series called, Pop Quiz, Monday. The Pop Quiz, Monday is a fun feature that we have on our blog that provides entrepreneurial advice by answering seven questions. You will be able to plug your website and social media networks. We have over 12,000 views per month on our blog. Let me know if you are interested. 

I reviewed the questions, and part of me would like to proceed, it would be great exposure but then due to launching my career this year back in February PT working on two contracts and recently going FT, should I hold off until I have more time under me sort-of-speak?

Looking forward to your feedback,

Angela

• Like 1

I would definitely go for it. Good opportunity to get your link into the search engines more. These are called backlinks when people link to your website from theirs. It's typically good as it tells Google that basically, you must be important if this similarly themed website is linking to you so it could get your website ranked higher in search engines. 

Another reason (and probably most importantly) for you to do these types of interviews whenever you get the chance (and have the time) is that it will give you marketing exposure with this guy's email list/peeps. 

I wouldn't mention at all that you just started up your business, no need to mention that. Your website looks professional and makes you look like you've been in business for years. Go with that first impression and ;) never feel like you are anything less!