Sign in to follow this  
KLK69

How many clients do you have?

I’m trying to realistically figure out how many different clients I could potentially handle/juggle. I know some are long term, some are only one project but I’m curious, especially for those of you who do this full-time, how many clients do you have? 

Thanks!

It would depend on how many hours each client gives you plus how much time you want to dedicate to admin stuff and your own business.

I prefer to just have a few large clients as I learned several years ago that several small clients (such as 5 hours a month) took up way more of my time and caused me to bring in less. 

How many hours a week would you like to dedicate to client work? 

I was also thinking several small clients would be too much to handle even if hour wise it wasn’t a lot of time. Just keeping each of their preferences and procedures straight seems daunting.

I’m PT right now and would eventually like to do this FT. I was thinking 6 of my regular monthly clients would be all I could keep straight! Is it reasonable to juggle 20 small ones? Is it reasonable to think I could regularly handle a monthly load of 15? I strive for those who want me long term not just one and dones.

Trying to figure out what is doable.

Yes, it's a lot of going back and forth and switching between projects. I found I was wasting a lot of time with admin stuff and emails. I rather focus on a few larger clients. 

Have you figured out how many hours you could allocate to clients? That might help you out. Don't forget to set aside time for bookkeeping, marketing etc for your own business. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, figure out how many billable hours you can charge for first. This will tell you how many client hours you could have. For example most VAs will spend 10-15 hours a week marketing, bookkeeping and doing other administrative work for their own business. If you are going to put 40 hours a week into your business then that only leaves you 25-30 hours you can bill out. Times that by 4 and it gives you how many billable hours you'd have a month. let's say 100 billable hours. Now that shows you could have 5 clients at 20 hours per month each. Or 2 clients at 40 hours each and 1 at 10 hours. Make sense?

I got only 40 hours in a week and it was really hard for me to maintain a plethora of clients, what i do is just focus on the big ones and excuse the others.

• Like 1