Sign in to follow this  
MelissaG

I'm changing my website and logo

I had a discussion with a long time pro designer. After the remarks from Tawnya, and the web designer, I've decided I need to up my game with my website. I'm trying to decide the format for my website and have come up with a few ideas that may keep the spirit of the site while changing the design to something more clean and modern while still remaining feminine, warm, and welcoming.

It's been a bit difficult since I don't like the intensely empty minimalist spaces on most current websites but unfortunately that style is very common so I'm going to go with it at least a bit.

A question I'm pondering is whether I should take my site offline to work on it or just create it on xampp on my computer, then transfer it to my website in one go after. 

So what do you think of my new logo?

Persistent Assistant.png

• Like 1

Hey Melissa,

Does your host allow you to duplicate the site on a subdomain? You can definitely use localhost too with xampp. It's always a good idea to have a development site if you are making serious changes to the site's functionality like changing the theme or adding a major plugin.

I wouldn't advise you worry about a development site if you are just changing out content. But if you are doing a redesign, it's definitely a good idea.

I truly haven't decided. I like keeping some of it, but the format of the site needs to change. 

I really don't like 1and1. The only way I can have a staging site is if I use managed wordpress. I disabled that function because I could install cache mangers or security using managed. I'll have to do this the long way. 

• Like 1

I like the logo with Tagline from madness to methods. The three colours tie in nicely and I'd recommend creating yourself a brand board in Canva to get idea of the look and feel for your site and marketing going forward. You can save these three colours and the two fonts in Canva for use in all marketing materials like Facebook posts etc. Knowing your brand helps to give you a consistent look and feel which is what I think your looking to achieve with your site.

• Like 1