Hello everyone, my name is Layla and I've been serious about freelance work for about 3 years now.

I have a disability so things have been a bit bumpy for me. My landlord just told me that the rent will increase next month. So I have to get on task, and stay on task.

The Goth Writer Here's my website, still free for now, so it takes a moment to load. I also have a blog, with the same name.

I love writing, write fiction, primarily supernatural & Sci-Fi, poetry, and blogging of course.

I'm divorced, childfree, and have one cat who is about 5 years old.

I love Goth subculture, clothes, & music. I don't get dressed up as often as I'd like, or as much as I used to when I frequented clubs. I like to watch Sci-Fi & supernatural TV shows & read books.

I'm hoping to find something relatively long-term & steady soon.

I hope that I've answered all the basic questions. If anyone would like to know more, please send me a message. I look forward to interacting with all of you.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome! Writers are always needed so you are in a good niche. Clients are in need of good copywriters so you should never need to be looking far for more work. Any questions please ask away. Don't forget to get your free resources at our network by logging into your member area www.vanetworking.com/members/login

Hi Layla, welcome to VAnetworking! 

I see that you are a VAinsider, have you looked at the recent RFPs? What are you plans for marketing and finding clients? 

Hi Danielle, thank you,

I have looked at them, even appied to a couple. I've arranged some reviews for pay, but that's not much more than beer money. I've placed some Craigslist ads, and am attending a networking event this week to see if I can make any connections. I tend to do best in-person. Before I got sick, I did really well with interviews, preparations, etc. But the online job seeking world is so much different. I've had to readjust my techniques and parameters many times.

Since I don't have any money for anything, not even bills, The Dept. of Ed also took 15% of my check from me, I'm hoping to find something before the month is over.

• Like 1

Layla,

Do you have any interest in writing business sales page copy and such? I know a ton of people who need this service, including myself from time to time LOL!

It's hard to find decent copywriters that know how to find the pain points and put them on a webpage to convert the readers into paying customers.

I think there would be some good coin in this arena for you if you could master that and some keyword/SEO skills to go with it.

Yes, absolutely. Sales copy is fascinating. Writing to sell, is so much better than the agressive in-person approach to sales that is typically thought of. I've been working a lot recently, now that I've got meds to help w/my other medical issues. I am learning as much as I can, especially since there are so many more tools and platforms that one needs to learn and know in order to succeed. I have been gradually using the LinkedIn Learning tools. They have lessons in a lot of things for free w/my Premium trial. It's great b/c seeing the visuals while listening really helps me to understand.

Great to hear! This is a wonderful niche to tap into as so many entrepreneurs working online need better sales copy for their webpages, emails, automations, etc. You should have no problem finding work in this arena. ;)