Sign in to follow this  
gothceltgirl

Question about Website

So I have a free website for now. But want to upgrade. I found a great deal from one place, but they don't have the template I want. I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Is it possible to use the images from the other website's template? Does anyone know?

Thank you Meissa, I will consider that. I have a very specific style & preferences when it comes to customization. I like dark backgrounds with light/bright letters.

I have a Wordpress acct. that I don't even use. I don't really like the UI on there. But I'll take another look, after all, that was a few years ago, when I did check it out.

Wordpress just isn't my cup of tea. I like my current site the way I have it, as well as the way the template customizations are set up much better. I'll stick to it until I can afford a paid site.

What are you currently using now for your website? 

You asked: "Is it possible to use the images from the other website's template?"

It's very possible you could use the same images if they are from the same company. Some companies will let you intermingle images amongst all their templates. If it's a different company altogether then no as you could find yourself having some copyright infringement issues.

I buy all my photos from Deposit Photos and there are many places to get photos. Make sure you buy them though and/or that you can use the free ones from royalty free companies for business as some you can't.

Site Builder is where my website is. And I really love it. So, while I can't use the images from there some place else, it suits me for now. The customization is amazing for free. I've got exactly what I need. I've done a lot of comparison. And some of the cheapest sites have poor customer service, some of the more high-end ones are too expensive, and I just can't stand WordPress. I know lots of people find it useful & simple. But I can't customize it the way that I want, not with the free version. So I've found what makes me comfortable. I need to be able to manage, maintain, and also not be frustrated w/the design. I can't be productive if I'm sitting for an hour trying to figure out how to get things to look the way I want them to. I don't like tons of time spent "troubleshooting". It's a serious drain on my energy.

• Like 1

It's like exercising. If you can find a way to exercise that you love doing ie) playing hockey then you'll do it all the time.

Glad you found a website program that works for you as that means you'll use it to it's fullest.