Sign in to follow this  
gothceltgirl

Non-VA Virtual Jobs

So I've been looking for just about anything that I can do to take the pressure off from my rent going up next mo. I've discovered this thing called Harvard Risk Management. I did some digging into the company. There are some negative reviews, not much that's too bad, except for one that accusses them of being a Pyramid Scheme. But their BBB page has pretty positive feedback. They basically sell 2 services: Legal Insurance and ID protection. SO it's definitely at best an MLM scheme of some sort w/really high pay outs as long as you get enough recruits to sell stuff and move up quickly.

As a virtual recruiter they have me watch a bunch of training videos. The instructions as to how I'll actually go about the recruiting for interviews is still a bit vague, but will be forthcoming soon, or so they say. They also want me to set up a separate gmail account just for the recruiting.

One bad part is, it's commission-based, no base pay rate. So I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this, worked for them, or purchased one of their plans, let alone even heard of it.

I didn't really see any other specific appropriate place to post this. Hopefully someone will see it and perhaps recognize it, but in the meantime, I don't plan on being too invested in this, I'll leave my options open.

I would definitely back away from this if money is commission based. You say you need money immediately and this sounds a bit scammy to me. I've worked for MLMs before but for hourly rate, never for a commission.

I am definitely backing away from this for now. I need to earn some real wages first. This is something I could come back to but honestly I really hate MLM type stuff. According to them I can earn a lot, as long as those I recruit don't surpass my level. I've never been very good at getting ahead w/stuff like that anyway.

I'm going to reach out to some people I know. I also made some flyers to put up wherever I can. So hopefully I'll find some real clients/work soon.

I'll be posting & writing new posts for my blog as well.

• Like 2