MHewitt

How to launch successfully on Social Media?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and to the world of VA's. I have been working hard the last month to get everything up and running for my VA business. All that is missing is my Social Media set up and launch. And I can't for the life of me wrap my head around how to even start. This is harder than designing a website and creating content. I will be on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram but I have never even used Instagram or Twitter personally. What are some good resources on how to get started or what a good first post would be?

Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! Why don't you just start with one and then move onto the next once one is set up. It can be overwhelming trying to learn them all at once. Who is your target audience? You might not even need all those networks. Let us know and we can figure out which network you should start with. :)

Also, when you stay you are struggling setting them up, is it just that you don't know how to use the networks in general or you just aren't sure what to post to them or fill them with etc. 

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your reply. It's a little bit of both. I'm not sure about the ins and outs of instagram and twitter and are also very unsure what to post.  I'm pretty sure i have to have instagram and facebook right away. Maybe i could ditch twitter but it's already on my business card. 😕 

My target market are restaurants as this is the industry I've spent my whole working life in. Www.vahewitt.ca <--- here is my website for more info. 

Thanks for your help

Edited by MHewitt
Added hyperlink

If your target market is restaurant owners then you'd probably want to focus your social media efforts on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook as I would think that is where restaurants market themselves. To get started I would at least sign up to them all and claim your nickname VAhewitt or you want. I know it is overwhelming but break it up into steps. Do that first.

Next work on learning one social media network at a time starting with Instagram. All the social networks provide help tools plus you can google anything nowadays to learn it. Take one week and work on your Instagram, post your first post then move onto setting up the next social network and after you make your first post learn the next one.

In reality, you don't have to market yourself on all networks. It's better to be really good on one (say instagram) and focus on that then to be half arse on all 4. Just have a small presence on the others.