Hello everyone! I just found this website after doing a research about the virtual assistant career and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Madina and I am a SAHM working on my online degree in HR field. I used to work as a translator but since I’ve been staying home the last 5 years, I was mainly looking for some translator gigs on Freelancer and Upwork. But what I realized is that some basic admin tasks that I was assigned with were more profitable and less time consuming than written translations so I decided to go for it. My problem is, I tend to doubt myself and be intimidated by new opportunities. What I’ve been doing so far is some manual data mining, data entry, social media management, Instagram DM pitching but I feel like I have so much more to learn to be a real VA! It just seems a bit overwhelming for now. What is your tip for beginners like me? I’d appreciate any input! 

Hi Madina and welcome! Glad you found us as we can help you get your own VA business up and running. Have you logged into your member area and watched the video yet "What to expect in a career as a VA"?  If not that should be your first step.

Also, I'd stay away from Upwork and the Freelancer websites as you won't get quality paying jobs working there as these jobs tend to be low paying. You really need to make $30-$60/hour to make it in this business if you live in North America. Here's a good post on how to find clients that will pay that.