giannathompson

Is there any VA work in the education field?

Hi! I’ve been making baby steps towards the VA industry but feel stuck because it seems everyone else has experience in the business field which they can bring over with them. So I have 2 thoughts... I need to learn and become and expert in something or be able to cater to field of education...

All of my professional career experience is in education (special education to be exact). I am a teacher. I have admin skills but so does everyone else, right? I’ve thought of different things to sell to school districts (which I won’t go into to because unless you know education, it won’t make sense) but I doubt school districts hire outside help. Has anyone done anything in the realm of education as a VA?

Or, on the other side, what should I learn and master? Wordpress? Mailchimp? Social media marketing?.... I feel like I’m stuck because I can’t get over the “what am I actually going to sell” hump 

You'll want to list out all the services you'd enjoy offering. ie) bookkeeping, powerpoint, proofreading, marketing, social media, etc. There is a list inside the business template vault to give you ideas.Also list services you definitely don't want to offer. ;)

Once you figure that out you may see a niche start to evolve. 

The reason I say do what you love is if you don't like doing your own books you won't want to offer bookkeeping services.

Let's say you enjoy making graphics in Canva. That may evolve into you becoming an Instagram or Pinterest expert VA.