Hello! My name is K.Marie, the K stands for Kesha. I don't have a website yet, but soon. I've officially been in business for 1 month on the 27th. But, I have been a secretary for my church, and personal assistant to my Pastor for the past 3 years. I have over 12 years experience in customer service, and started a VA business in 2012 with a partner, but it didn't last long. My current business is Virtually K.Marie, offering virtual administrative and organizational services.

I am from Columbus, OH in the United States. I am married, have been for 10 years. I have 4 boys, current ages 19, 10, 9, and 2. I have a crazy love for office supplies! Pens, paper, highlighters, notebooks, and all things stationary are my jam! I've been this way since a child. I'm also starting a women's ministry for women who have mental health issues, who are overwhelmed, and looking for their purpose.

I heard about VA Networking years ago when I was looking to start a VA business, but most recently from Regina, at Live and Work by Faith.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Hi Kesha Marie, 

I love your name, My name is Marie Mason, love your introduction.  Welcome to our amazing group. You have an amazing background and love your idea for a women's ministry. What skills do you bring to the table for your virtual admnistrative and organizational services. Besides the obvious one, organization. Could you also offer helping people who are overwhelmed through your VA service?  What do you need help with in getting started with your VA service?  Cheers. 

Hello Marie! Thanks for the warm welcome! I love your name too! So, currently I only have general skills, which I’ve learned on my own. And I do mean general..🤷🏾‍♀️. For my Pastor I do calendar management, appointment/meeting setting, some email management and set up, and some document creation (mainly certificates for baptism and christening). For organization, I would like to incorporate planner setup(s). I’m a pen and paper gal, and I would like to offer assistance or consulting for others who would like the same. That also ties into my ministry. I would love to help people who are overwhelmed! I currently need help on where to begin, service wise. Like do I really have at least general services under my belt? I need to be doing something right now, to get some income flowing in. I do want to add additional skills and services. Thank you so much! Sorry if I rambled or this was all over the place!

Hi Kesha, welcome to VAnetworking! I also have a thing for office supplies LOL. 

Maybe you can start by reaching out to local churches to see if you can help them stay organized? 

Hi Danielle! Thank you for your warm welcome! i will look into seeing if other local churches could use my assistance. Sometimes that can be difficult, because most churches already have their own secretary. But it doesn't hurt to ask! Thank you! 

Welcome Kesha and hope our forum will be an awesome resource for you and your business needs.

As for putting down a long laundry list of services on your website, I don't recommend doing that. You could be more vague stating how you help with any administrative tasks clients have in their business. Then when on calls with prospective clients you can fish with questions for what tasks they need done and offer those.

If you need clients right now, look locally. Find 2-4 local networking groups, meetups, chamber or commerce, BINs, etc. and show up locally with your business cards. Getting known in person instills trust quicker with people as they meet you face to face.