Sign in to follow this  

Hello everybody, I'm Doris Susana and this is my first introduction on this forum.  I've been reading and digesting a lot of information.  This is a very informative forum!  Anyway, I'm new to the VA industry and I'm looking into becoming a VA at first as a part-time hustle and then (hopefully) on a full-time basis.  I have 15+ years in the legal field as a legal secretary.  I've worked primary in the Litigation, Corporate and Trust & Estates practice areas.  I also have an Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies, but have not really worked as a paralegal.  I would love to start out as a General VA.  I do lots of legal transcription, proofreading, and some translation and interpreting at work.  I would love to use some these skills too.  Here's my information:

Your Name:  Doris Susana
Your Website URL (if applicable):  none yet
Years in Business:  0
Description of your Business, including any specialties:  I want to start first as a General VA.  I love accounting and languages.  I might then decide to offer Bookkeeping.  I speak Spanish, I would love to incorporate that somehow in my VA business.

On a more personal note:
What City/Town/State/Country are you from?:  I grew up in Brooklyn, NY but now live in Richmond Hill, Queens.  I'm originally from the Dominican Republic.
Are you married? How long?:  Yes.  19 years.
Any kids and how old?  I have two kids:  Selina and Benjamin (14 and 16 respectively).
Hobbies & Interests:  I love read (particularly the classics).  I love to learn new things. Right now I'm reading something completely new to me:  Affiliate Marketing. 

Hi Doris and welcome! I was a Legal Secretary myself for many years before I started as a VA too.

Glad to have you as part of the community. If you have any questions just ask.

Thank you Tawnya!  I'm looking forward to getting to know lots of people here and to contribute to the forum.

• Like 1