Hi all! I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Tammy Rourk and I am just starting out with my VA business. By starting out I mean, I don’t even have my company name yet…wow! Never thought that would have been the hard part! 😁 I came across VAnetworking while searching on how to name my business and just started reading. Let me say, Thank you Tawnya! The information you are providing is invaluable!! Quick background – I’m pretty much a Jane of all trades. 20+ years Administrative and Office Management experience, made a career change into Network Security for 5 years, and then, through a series of unforeseeable circumstances, somehow landed in a prestige beauty firm as a Marketing manager (11 years), crazy huh!?!  Lost my job a year ago due to a Corporate wide restructuring, and, after an unsuccessful job search, decided to move my retirement plan of running my own business up a few years, and here I am. Seriously though, I didn’t make this decision halfheartedly. This is something I have dreamed of for years, and the timing is right. When life hands you a 🍋!! My real challenge, other than the business name, will be narrowing down the services. I will eventually specialize in Network/Cyber security once I’ve refreshed my skills, but for now I’ll stick to more general VA tasks. Here's my information:

Your Name:  Tammy Rourk
Your Website URL (if applicable):  none yet
Years in Business:  0
Description of your Business, including any specialties:  I want to start first as a General VA.  My passion is numbers, so I want to offer analytical and financial services. I’m a whiz with a spreadsheet! Eventually I will incorporate Network/Cybersecurity.

On a more personal note:
What City/Town/State/Country are you from?:  I grew up in California. I live in Queens, NY.
Are you married? How long?:  No
Any kids and how old?  I have a beautiful daughter and 3 amazing grandsons
Hobbies & Interests:  Computers, gaming, sewing, gardening (I’m known as the crazy plant lady!)