Hi, everyone! I'm brand new to virtual assisting, and preparing to start a very part-time VA business in January of next year. (I have a "traditional" full-time job that I can't leave right now.) Unfortunately, I'm terrible at some of the tasks that I would have to perform if I had my own business. I discussed this with a friend, and she suggested finding an experienced but overwhelmed VA who's willing to delegate some of the tasks I'm good at.

I like this idea, but I wonder:  Is this even a thing? I'm sure most VAs don't hire their own assistants, but maybe some of them do? If so, how might I find a VA I can help?

Hello, AJWoods! My name is Cathy Strine, owner and operator of All Things Administrative, LLC. I incorporated just over three years ago and for awhile I did work with a VA who did my bookkeeping. She was awesome and saved me lots of time and headaches!

I reclaimed that task when one of my larger retainer clients reduced her workload. I've got my bookkeeping under control now but I've often thought of contracting with a VA for various other duties.

So my question to you is- what is it you like to do? From your limited situation, with what tasks are you willing to help other Virtual Assistants? 

Looking forward to hearing from you-

Cathy Strine, VA

All Things Administrative, LLC

• Like 1

You can hire VAs to do work in your business or you can work for other VAs (called subcontracting). Not sure which you are referencing but typically if you subcontract and work for another VA Agency you'll work for anywhere from 15-30% less your hourly rate. You take into the fact though that as a subcontractor the work is handed down to you and you don't have to do any marketing so you can actually bill 40 hours a week instead of 25-30 if you did your own marketing.