Jade20653

How to go about my niche idea...

Hi! I have a great love for cabins. And spend hours, days, weeks, even looking at all the cabin vacation rental places online. I am wondering if there is a way I can do this and find vacation cabins for 

others who want to vacation in a cabin. I also have one particular area of the US I'd like to specialize in. My question is: Would this be categorized and done as a travel agent? Or could it be done as a 

VA, or a combination of both? How would I go about setting this up? Any ideas are greatly appreciated! And how would I get paid by the cabin companies if I'm not doing it as a travel agent, but as a VA?

And would it even be possible to just find the places for people which have all the things they want in a cabin, and do nothing else? Like, would I be able to not have to set up the sale and take their credit card for the sale, & make the reservations, like a travel agent would do? If I'd have to do that too, I still might be interested, but: Would I do it as a travel agent, or is it possible to just be a VA in this? Does anyone know the answers to these questions please? Thanks so much!!!

I don't see why this couldn't be a niche/special service you offer. You would have to market it strongly and have some catchy business / domain name very niched to this industry. In a nutshell you would be a researcher. Maybe you could offer packages of sorts where the client fills out their desires in a form and then you supply them with 1-5 (or how many) different choices you find for them.

They would pay you for the research (most likely in a package arrangement). You could provide them with links after payment to your finds. These of course would be affiliate links so you make more money when they order through your link. Just thinking out loud but yes, this could be a good niche. 

Hopefully you are a bit creative and can write because you could have a travel blog surrounding finding cabin vacations, etc. Maybe even companies would advertise on it if you got big enough. Lots of room for growth.

On 11/1/2019 at 6:41 PM, Tawnya Sutherland said:

I don't see why this couldn't be a niche/special service you offer. You would have to market it strongly and have some catchy business / domain name very niched to this industry. In a nutshell you would be a researcher. Maybe you could offer packages of sorts where the client fills out their desires in a form and then you supply them with 1-5 (or how many) different choices you find for them.

They would pay you for the research (most likely in a package arrangement). You could provide them with links after payment to your finds. These of course would be affiliate links so you make more money when they order through your link. Just thinking out loud but yes, this could be a good niche. 

Hopefully you are a bit creative and can write because you could have a travel blog surrounding finding cabin vacations, etc. Maybe even companies would advertise on it if you got big enough. Lots of room for growth.

So as I understand, then as a Researcher I  would not need to first study as a VA or as a travel agent? Would any of those courses help me in my 'Great Quest'? And I guess I would just contact each cabin company and ask them if they offer an affiliate program? And then get their affiliate link? Thanks so much for the Great advice!! I really do appreciate your help so much. I have been wanting to do this for years and years, but didn't know how to go about it. Any suggestions as to where I might possibly find some kind of template for making up the packages to offer?

Thanks so much Tawnya!